1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procrastination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brodie, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Essay. Procrastinate, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Apps, Forums, Eat, Drink, Pet dog, Listen to a song, Dance, Get changed, Nap..

I am productive. :thumbsup:

2. ABeautifulMind

Ummm... What?

Goddamn it, get off the computer and go do your homework :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Hexagon

How polite.

4. Yosia

I once wrote more words in my tumblr blog about not wanting to do homework and procrastination than i actually did for my homework.

5. ABeautifulMind

I would say it was meant to be "playful" hence the emoticon...

Plus it was my post so I know it was playful :wink:

6. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I have mastered procrastination.

Ye, I certainly have.

7. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be fair I need a good kicking in the ass to get stuff done! I can accept a playful kick haha

Raven I know how you feel! I am pretty good at finding a random crap to do instead of essays haha European case law is hard :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2014 at 05:58 AM ----------

P.s I have a really bad cough! Can I have some sympathy procrastination? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Hiems

During my first two years of university, I didn't procrastinate. I used an assignment pad and Post-It notes to keep track of my agenda for the day. And I did 95% of my studying and assignments on time.

During my third year (Fall 2013/Spring 2014), I slacked off so much LOL. I need to get it together for next year or else I'm in trouble :lol:

9. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HabitRPG is an amazing site that helps you cope with procrastination.

And, IT'S LIKE AN RPG. Don't you LOVE RPGs?

Here's a sneak peek:

[​IMG]

(it doesn't actually cuss at you; you can edit the notes and it just so happens I get more motivated when I'm harsh to myself)

10. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

It's even worse when it's about actual work you get paid for. :eusa_doh:

11. Haha, I procrastinate myself, but it's normally not by going to the internet or anything, but I always just avoid any work that seems difficult for me because I think I'll just fail at it anyways. However, it always gives me sadness and emptiness and even when I try to do anything else besides doing my work, I'm still upset - So I just lay there and think to myself "You need to be working, you need to be working", but then another voice in my head says "But there's no way you'll be able to study all of that material, etc". I know I need to combat that for senior year of high school and I'm working on it, believe me. After wasting a month of my summer over choosing to do a class over the break only to back out of it and do it next year, I know I will learn from this and I will schedule my time wisely from now on and never succumb to procrastination again!

So, before it gets to the point to where it's actually going to make you feel guilty, you should do the same thing! Learn from it and do your work while you can and not wait until the last minute to do things. It's better to attempt it even if you don't think you'll do a good job, because if you don't try, you have a 100% chance of not succeeding. So, good luck on conquering it!

12. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I procrastinate so much. In my school you can turn in all of your work any time in the week. I tend to do it all and turn it in at the very end of the week.

13. ABeautifulMind

Thats what I figured.... and NO sympathy procrastination :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess we are discussing our own habit when it comes to this seemingly inherent human "flaw" and to be honest, I am HORRIBLE with it. I am the type that is so arrogant in my school work, I always assume I wont need as much time as my classmates, so I can relax a bit. It is a serious flaw I am working on. Seriously. Now that my classes are getting more difficult I have started seeing it become less severe.

This is why I wanted to avoid the topic. I read that paragraph and I think I sound like a condescending asshole. But to be fair, I am strictly referencing math courses. And that is my "thing" that I am like... really good at. For instance in 1995 my mom was going to school for culinary arts. But for that you still need college algebra. She took a placement test and was told she needed 3 remedial curses, but could opt to try going straight to college algebra if she wanted. She opted for that. Her first test was a 40 something. She gave me her textbook and at 8 years old I taught myself college algebra and then taught my mom, section by section. I can still remember we used to try to play a game with it at times and we would write on windows around the house with dry erase markers solving simple quadratic equations. It is really the ONLY thing in life that I excel at, or really that I am even good at.

Sorry for such a long post :icon_bigg

14. Hexagon

Beautiful mind, sorry, I didn't see the :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This... this is amazing. What is this devil's worship?

15. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Procastinating, youtube, tumblr, EC, staring outside the window/at the wall, drawing stupid things, eating, eating, what's in the fridge???, singing.
    Right now I am procrastinating.
    I actually should clean up my room....

16. Candace

It's funny how I can type up a message here on EC in Tumblr elaborately in mere seconds with hundreds of words, yet it takes me ages to come up with a single sentence that I want to use in my essay. Ugh u_u.

17. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can definitely say I've become a master at procrastination. I'm letting my computer export a ton of files for me while I do random stupid things on the internet.