1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anime suggestions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lowkey, Jul 10, 2014.

1. lowkey

lowkey Guest

I need some new anime suggestions based off a few details i will supply,

id like to start off saying i have seen these anime:
    **Naruto
    **Claymore
    *Bleach
    *Samurai champloo

ive seen these four anime with naruto and claymore being my top picks.

What im looking for:
    *Something with weapons or unique fighting abilities with characters
    *something very similiar to the characters of the shows listed
    *Something with swords or ninja weapons, along the same genre
    *something with intriguing characters, with a persona/ego. The shows ive listed for example have very interesting characters
    *A cool story.

Please do not just post any anime without giving a small background, sell it to me.. just a little.

:help:

2. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have few anime suggestions that you might like there pretty popular animes too if you haven't seen them yet I copy and pasted some info from the wikis about them

Inuyasha

The series follows the half demon Inuyasha and a 15-year-old girl from Tokyo, Kagome Higurashi, who is transported to the Sengoku period after falling into a well in her family shrine, where she meets Inuyasha. When a monster from that era tries to take the magical Shikon Jewel embodied in Kagome, she accidentally shatters the Jewel into many pieces that are dispersed across Japan. Inuyasha and Kagome start traveling to recover it before the powerful demon Naraku finds all the shards. Inuyasha and Kagome gain several allies during their journey namely Shippo, Miroku, Sango, and Kirara. In contrast to the typically comedic nature of many of Takahashi's previous work, Inuyasha deals with darker subject matter, using the setting of the Sengoku period to easily display the violent content.

Fullmetal Alchemist

The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is styled after the European Industrial Revolution. Set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse, who are searching for a philosopher's stone to restore their bodies after a failed attempt to bring their mother back to life using alchemy.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is set in an Asian-influenced world where in some are able to manipulate the classical elements Earth , Water , Fire , and Air by use of psychokinetic variants of Chinese martial arts known as "bending". The series follows the adventures of protagonist twelve-year-old Aang and his friends, who must bring peace and unity to the world by ending the Fire Lord's war against the other three nations

Check out an episode or two of each hope you like them cheers :grin:

3. lowkey

lowkey Guest

thanks, but i probably should of mentioned ive seen a couple episodes of avatar and full metal alchemist and i had no interest to keep going. i think the characters to me werent interesting/intriguing enough. but i appreciate the effort.

The anime i listed, i saw 1-2 episodes and was hooked. i think if there is a style to the anime to be liked or not liked it would be revealed per episode type of deal. Any other suggestions? ill check out inuyasha

also, i didnt like one piece

4. PurpleGrey

Speed Grapher. It only hits a few things you're looking for, but they're the big ones.

It's about this rare disease that, when activated by the goddess, gives the infected person a super awesome power related to want/like/get off on the most. The main character makes things explode with his camera.

There are a handful of major and minor plots throughout, all connected, and a few one-episode plots. All I can say is that they involve an underground fetish club for the super rich and super freaky, the owner of said club, its members, its goddess, the goddess's mother, and the bringing down of the entire Japanese economy.

It's a pretty dark and gorey anime, but it's super interesting and full of fight scenes! My favorite Euphoric is the stretchy guy who twists people's heads off.

Tell me what you think! :slight_smile:

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I haven't seen it but Sword art online looks good

6. Candace

Have you thought about watching One Piece?

7. Jami3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Attack on titan
    Death Note
    Black Butler
    Soul Eater
    One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Hellsing
    Just some of the ones I enjoyed :slight_smile:

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, One Piece, I like that one too!

9. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ao no Exorcist / Blue Exorcist is a nice anime.

And, KHR / Katekyo no Hitman Reborn / Reborn! - a lot of titles, and pretty long, but it's a good show.

10. Yosia

This hasnt got weapons and stuff but Angel Beats is really good for like everyone. Even my friend liked it and he is into ones all about death lol.

11. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Angel Beats does have weapons. D :

12. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blade and Soul - it's basically about a women who is travelling to seek revenge for her master's death (according to her code). She's defintely badass in a sense, so they just started this anime not too long ago

Akame Ga Kill - it's about a guy named tatsumi who sets out to the capital to earn money to save his villiage. can't spoil it to much but he soon joins an assassin squad that "justifies" the corrupted. they have some neat sword skills to check out. also a new one.

Attack on Titan -it's about following a group of people that are stuck and confined in one place in hopes to avoid their unnatural predators of giants. it also focuses on a certain organization that kills the giants. a lot of gore and blood and sword action and an interesting storyline.

they hit some of what your looking for, so i hope you might like it!

13. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really an expert in animes, but I've been watching a few lately. There's one that sorta fit your description, it's gory and adult themed though. I just finished a few episodes, the quality is not one of the best, but it's still good because of the story. The name is Berserk. I can't guarantee that you're going to like it, just a suggestion.

Just a brief resume of what that anime is about: Gattsu, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces that persue himself and his woman, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength, skill and sword, Gattsu must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's MacBeth.

#13 Nightdream, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  14. WorldWalker

Inuyashsa (My favorite)
    Death Note (I HIGHLY suggest the live action movies as well, they are superb)
    Attack on Titan (This one surprised me)
    Princess Mononoke (Anything by Hayao Miyazaki is great)
    Akira (Of course)
    Full Metal Alchemist (Because it's awesome)

:slight_smile:

15. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Watch Eureka 7. I love the OST's of that anime, and that the episode titles are famous pop songs

Also watch Antique Bakery if you can stomach it (it not only makes me hungry, but also shows that in real life, gay relationship and crushes are not always possible..)

16. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not spot on with that but Kampfer. Kampfer are fighters that gain power from bracelets they wear. There are Gun, Blade, and Magic Kampfer and it's almost battle royale esque. Love interest, whacky situations, and ferocious fights. Its worth looking into ^-^

Also, someone above mentioned Soul Eater. I found it quite enjoyable as well. I'd back that.

Ooh, almost forgot. Disgaea. After being poisoned prince Laharl, and underworld demon, awakes from his slumber to find his father is long dead. He must fight his way back to power and assert himself as the true Overlord of the Underworld. A hard headed high on himself character, Laharl meets Flonne his essential Angel Assasin opposite. Comedy, action, and sometimes tragedy follow.

#16 SpitfireXSoarin, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  17. Yosia

Very few lol. Except the end where its got a few guns and stuff ^^

18. Empress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Madoka? It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it has fighting and weapons and the story is awesome.

19. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Thanks im deff goingto check these all out. they sounds interesting

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2014 at 09:20 AM ----------

im goingto as well, check out these 3. thanks!

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2014 at 09:24 AM ----------

i heard about hellsing somewhere and it sounded interesting. ill add that to the list as well!

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2014 at 09:27 AM ----------

deathnote, mononoke,akira ill look into and see if it fits the description im looking for.

thanks peeps

20. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Id just like to point out, i started Akame Ga Kill and it is awesome so far. Given there are only 2 episodes so far. i Tend to only read the Mangas if the Animes end. im goingto check out another right now, maybe Blade and soul/soul eater. Ill report back