1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by florence2000, Jul 12, 2014.

1. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was wondering what would everyone's ideal first date be like?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first date with my first boyfriend was sitting on a dock over a lake after (terrible, but it that added to the charm) coffee and going for a walk. It seemed perfect and would sound great on paper.

Unfortunately, my ex was (presumably still is) a horrible person who lied to me later, and the fact that I had a good date didn't make up for that. The date really depends on whom you're going out with, and imagining your first date or idealising a fictional partner is not a good idea; it means you jump at an opportunity trying to fulfil what you want without proper consideration.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not so keen on the idea of romanticising romance. :lol:

3. gabisout

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i first date with my girlfriend was almost my ideal first date. we went to eat brunch (yes, brunch. because we woke up really late due to some action the previous night), then i toured her in the university that i go to, then we went to IRRI (a research center), then i brought her to a botanical garden where she got the chance to feel the waters of the river in her feet, and we were like kids seeking for adventure. we really had a great time, specially her cause she've never been out of the city before and i can really see that she's amazed. it would've been perfect if only we didn't have two other other people with us!! (those two other friends who came with us later became lovers too!!!)

4. Candace

My first date was going to get some coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. I think that social interaction and getting to know the person whom you are dating is very crucial.

5. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was only 10 & a girl asked me out I hadn't worked
    Out I was gay then anyway we spent a few hours at a boating lake.
    It was nice all we did was hold hands.

Gay date was awkward was so nervous I was 15 and he went to another school
    we kissed in secret did other stuff later.

6. Weekender

Anything casual and lighthearted. The idea of going someplace fancy for a first date doesn't appeal to me at all. I love movies, but they probably wouldn't be my first choice since social interaction and getting to know one another is crucial for a first date. A street fair/festival might be nice, or even just a walk. I don't have much of a set "ideal" date. All that really matters is having fun and feeling comfortable.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i would like to drink and walk and get drinking and walk and talk, i need to be moving or the anxious will show too much and the person will NOTICE

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An ideal first date would be like a second date, because if the first date sucked, there wouldn't be a second, and if the first date was great, then the second should be even better.