1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo ideas please! :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sammy1, Jul 13, 2014.

1. sammy1

Hey guys so I don't have any tats yet but I've always wanted to have some and I'm thinking I wanna get a small one for the first time on my hip area. Got any ideas? Pics? Thanks :grin:

2. Hexagon

Choose something that means something to you.

3. sammy1

...well obviously it would have to be something I like. I'm wanting ideas here. I thought if maybe someone has a cute or cool design or thing they could share with me

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2014 at 03:21 AM ----------

And I don't really care about significance or meaning I just want something cute or cool that I like

4. ABeautifulMind

Hmm... My rule has always been not to get one that can not be covered with a t-shirt. I mean a regular t shirt not a t shirt with extremely short sleeves like hollister. The tat on my arm visible in my avatar over there <<<< can be seen when I wear hollister, but not a white t.

I only have this rule because I know educated people sometimes look down on them, and I dont want to be discriminated against for it. After all, unlike being LGBT, tattoos truly are a choice.

5. sammy1

Um...not to be rude here but I said in my post I want a hip tattoo..so it can be covered up..but. I just don't know what I want at the moment and it can't be anything to do with pride. Something little

6. ABeautifulMind

You want others to help you pick out your tattoo design? Sorry I misunderstood but that just seems weird to me. Tattoos are personal, they should be what you want.

Be that as it is, if you really want help, maybe you could give us acceptable "topics" such as wildlife, script, scenery, cartoon characters (i know some women like getting tinkerbell or minnie mouse). Maybe you like chinese script and you could get proud then.

I think your best bet may be to go to a tattoo shop and look at their books. They ALL have binders with their work in it.

7. sammy1

Uhh no I don't want some one to oil out my tattoo for me I just want ideas here! Just like what the subject says at the top. As for stuff that I like...I like reptiles (snakes mostly, I have 2 of them), flowers,

8. ABeautifulMind

Maybe get two snakes fighting over a rose.

How large are you thinking? Like an index card size, or like a business card size, or maybe half a sheet of notebook paper...

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2014 at 03:52 AM ----------

oooo make it a black rose lol

9. sammy1

I guess around the size of a business card

10. ABeautifulMind

Do you have any subject you like, maybe in school? what do you plan on going to college for? or where do you want to work?

You want something (i assume) that is meaningful to you and your future, not just something that is cute right?

11. sammy1

Well it has to be something I like but it doesn't necessarily have to have a meaning to it. I'm really into science..but it could also just be something cute as well.

12. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    how about serpents entwining a black rose

13. sammy1

I'd say that's too much going on for a small hip tattoo...plus I already want to get a rose on my foot but I can't for who knows how long because of my job I need to wear flip flops for 2 weeks if I get my foot tattooed and I one day want to get a tattoo of one of my own snakes but for a first tattoo that would be too big. So I want something small and not so...busy

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2014 at 04:29 AM ----------

Ugh and I so want to get a pride tattoo on my wrist but I can't cuz I'm not out to everyone an. That would be akward wouldn't it! Lol I have to b patient for that one

14. Hexagon

Well, I don't know what you like. And you say you don't care about meaning, but they do make for the best tattoos. So I'm just going to tell you about mine.

I have a black and red star on my left wrist. The colours are philosopi-political. I have a tribal design pheonix on my right shoulder. The meaning of that is less concrete, but it kind of symbolises freedom to me. I also plan to get the following two tattoos: the word libertas (latin for liberty/roman goddess of the same), and a green hexagon. I don't suppose I need to explain that one.

My point is, tattoos are individual things. Maybe my list has given you some idea of why I chose my tatts. I'm not advising you to get the same ones as me, but you could try a similar thought process. Failing that, go down to the tattoo studio and have a look at the designs they offer.

15. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always loved this and I'm dying to get this one put somewhere :slight_smile: I think it's really cute :slight_smile:

Attached Files:

16. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THAT LOOKS COOL! looks like a music note made into a heart :icon_bigg

17. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is :lol: It's the bass and treble clef situated to look like a heart. I think it is super cute! :slight_smile:

18. Hexagon

That is pretty good, actually. Of course, I'm not exactly one for hearts, but it's a nice twist.

19. KayJay

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

[​IMG]

Something like that, just on your hip.