1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyday Sexism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Jul 13, 2014.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I assume lots of you are aware of this campaign in which women post examples of how they have been discriminated against due to their gender. I thought we could have a similar thing here, so post personal experiences of times when you have received discrimination due to your gender. As far as I'm aware, the aforementioned movement is limited to cis women, but anyone can post their experiences here; male/female, cis/trans etc.

2. Candace

I think our alliance on campus has a movement similar to this, but I have no idea how to spread the word.

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's see what I can say about sexism here... Well, in my home there's no discrimination against me that I'm aware of, but sexism is still present here and it's affecting me in some ways. Like for example... My dad won't let the guys dance to feminine songs in Just Dance and other minor things like that, though that's enought for me to feel as if I'm inferior to men and I've been having the need to follow the male gender role lately to not feel like this anymore.
    I don't know why many people believe that only ciswomen face this discrimination, men have that problem too, but most of them are way too foolish to notice that or to care about it. That's probably the reason why they can't understand why some women get so bothered by that.