1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have enough to live comfortably?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hexagon

Do you? Either the money you have coming in, or your parents if you live with them?

I do. I don't have enough to move out, but whilst still living with my parents I'm happy with the quality of life we have. I've been fortunate enough never to experience food poverty, even if we don't have terribly much these days. I didn't used to be, but I think that was more me being a bratty child who wanted to buy everything he saw. I'm kind of glad I wasn't able to.

2. Candace

In terms of furniture, yes I do! Why? My parents are divorced, so I can just take what I need from each house :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. In terms of money? Absolutely not. I have some, but in order to have what I want and live comfortably? Nope.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hexagon, you've basically described me to a tee.

However, no plans in moving out anytime soon. ^^

5. kem

kem

I have zero money of my own, I'm mooching off my parents at their place right now, don't feel like calling it home because it doesn't feel like one any more.
    Trying to move out but, no income > don't want to live off welfare either. I'm not against our welfare system but I am an able person and I could earn my own money so why not? (can't get a job that's why)

6. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wish I could say yes to this:frowning2: get the feeling am always going
    to struggle a little money wise .

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My mother borrows money from my grandparents. If she didn't we wouldn't be able to afford a house and food. I get over a thousand dollars of medicine every month from the government.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. Have no job or money. Relying off of my parents and the government. It sucks, it feeds my depression.

9. Yosia

We are no way rich but we are not exactly really poor so i guess its getting by. We cant afford much luxurys though and only get one vacation a year ^^

10. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I just got a new job, so when I start there I will have enough money to start saving up for a new house and paying off my debts. As for now I live with my parents and it's not bad, we get along I just wish we had more space and a yard of our own.

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yes. While I'm living with my parents, I do live comfortably, and I'm in the process of looking for work so I can hopefully start supporting myself again, or at least contributing more to my parents' home (again). I've never had to experience poverty, I have more than enough sustainability, and while I don't have have many luxuries, those are material things that I shouldn't place much importance to. I'm quite happy with my living situation.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Family helps with some expenses, I am ready for my lease to end so I can move somewhere cheaper so I can rely on myself more. I am ready for a different job where I can hopefully get medical + dental benefits/insurance that will actually cover stuff. I am fine with few things, I want to get rid of stuff and move and cleanse. I like lowering my standard of comfort.

13. lowkey

lowkey Guest

I just got a supervising job this week, as well as my real estate license a week ago. so my money situation seems pretty solid right now. I live at home with my dad and sister and im very content with staying here. i plan on saving up alot of money. My parents also agreed to pay for my college. which would be part-time starting in fall. So-so far i think im alright.

14. PaganPoetry

Well I mean Im pretty alright right now, we have food, and shelter and stuff so I'm pretty alright even though my mom has been through some job troubles lately(the place she worked at closed down) but tbh we're still good and we even moved into an even better and more roomy apartment than before like a month ago...So I'm living pretty alright, but I should get myself a part time job so that I can be able to buy myself clothing and stuff and to have a social life hahahahaha.....

but I do have to pay my own education though because that's something my mom really can't help me with as much as she would like to

overall Im pretty cool :sunglasses: can't really complain much

#14 PaganPoetry, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For now, yes. For where I want to be, not quite.

I'm fortunate to have the job I do. Basically, I'm paid a set amount (government-backed, hell yeah), despite the ridiculously short amount of hours I work -- that money is guaranteed. This leaves me more time, which is split between keeping active, reading, creative endeavors, and social mingling. Oh, and eating and sleeping, too. Sometimes, if the need is dire or urgent, I can always lend my availability to someone, for a short delivery period. So, potentially, I could get a very rapid head start, towards where I want to be, in terms of financial ability. However, it becomes too addicting, to have a lovely amount of money, available, in quick intervals.

I am comfortable. I have food, clothes, a roof over my head, electricity, air conditioning, Internet access, some awesome fucking hair, a sexy smirk, and the softest, most kick ass purple evening robe. It feels like silk! LOL.

Sometimes I'll hustle for some cash. If I see a neighbor's yard a little tall, I offer to mow it, for something cheap enough, they have no choice but to choose the convenience. If I see a neighbor having a yard sale, I'll offer extra parking space, for a 5% total of the yard sale profit. I find scrap pieces and unwanted furniture on the side of roads, collect them, and sell them at recycling centers. If I lost my cake walk of a job tomorrow, I would still be making money. It'd be a blow to the wallet, but it would be a better alternative than raking in nothing.

Ultimately, I am comfortable with my living situation now. I would like to expand it a bit, but one step at a time. Or should I say, one dollar at a time.

16. Foxface

now that I have this job yes...I've lived on my own with my partner for over 10 years and we've only once or twice had to scrimp and save

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a student with a part-time job one evening a week (which I only have for the experience). I don't make anything significant on my own.

However, my parents are by no means lacking, so I have nothing to worry about. My mother has promised to pay my living expenses during uni, and I will stay at home while studying (the university I want to go to is right here.)

So yes, I do have enough to live quite comfortably, but not independently, though nothing of my own until I get a proper job in the future and later inherit things from various relatives.

18. 101DeadRoses

Sort of, but not as much as we'd like to have to be comfortable totally. We have a lot of stuff and we're working on getting it out, but even if we strip it all down to stuff we can't get rid of, we still need a bigger house.

19. Eric

Comfortably? Ehh. I don't struggle to pay for food or rent, if that's what you mean. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I had more money though.

20. Hiems

I'm a college student with PT job as a pharm tech. It's 25 hours on average. Given that it's the summer, I'm more free, so they might assign more hours.

I live with my parents and older brother. My mom babysits. My dad and brother have jobs too, but they barely make anything. Total income together is only enough to get by with paying bills. With my job coming up soon, I will help out with bills.

Given that we are on a tight budget, we find ways to buy cheapest food with decent quality, e.g. use coupons, raid aisles/sections that have sale items, etc. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We only eat out once a week at a restaurant, and even then we don't spend much money.

Regardless of the circumstances, I feel comfortable with my living conditions. I have a bed, a laptop, Internet, food, a roof over my head, and a job. That's all I need.

Hopefully after graduating and finding a decent paying job, I can pay off the mortgage on the house, help out parents, and have even better living conditions.