1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Videos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ABeautifulMind, Jul 13, 2014.

1. ABeautifulMind

I was listening to random music today, basically just picking a new song at the end of each on youtube. Like of the ones they list. Anyways, I saw Blue October Hate Me and it really resonated with me. I have OBVIOUSLY heard it before. Never seen the video.

I was wondering if you have any songs where the first time you see the video it resonates far more than the song did alone? It can be for whatever reason. Another example was Elton's Song, obviously Elton John.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shadows Fall - Another Hero Lost, that music video kinda sturck me in the heart haha,

as well as Iced Earth - when the eagle crys; i think that kinda resonated more then it should've. it's a bit personal but i definitely cry or tear a bit when it's related to things like that

3. tulipinacup

[YOUTUBE]lqmORiHNtN4[/YOUTUBE] I do like Cold War. I like how it's just her face in the music video but the moment she breaks down where she sings the part "I was made to believe that something's wrong with me and it hurts my heart". You can tell that it's a very personal song. It's also interesting that this was done in one take and the director kept it that way.

4. HooLoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the opposite, if I haven't heard the song yet usually watching the video means i don't focus on the song and its meaning, Kind of mad really.
    For example the song "Migraine" by twenty one pilots is one of my favourites but if i had've seen the video first i wouldn't have liked the song as i dislike the video.

5. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Michael Jackson- Heal the World

6. LiquidSwords

I don't listen without watching video at the same time
    [YOUTUBE]OZ6G7qwjom4[/YOUTUBE]

7. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Two songs in particular by Queen. One is Innuendo, one is I'm Going Slightly Mad.

Freddie Mercury was literally dying as he sang them. I already knew that. But when I saw the videos for both of them, I was just speechless.

Innuendo uses some stop motion animation, and some animated footage of previous Queen concerts, because Mercury was too ill to appear on camera. But it all syncs up so well, and I don't even have any words to describe it.

For I'm Going Slightly Mad, Mercury is wearing a LOT of makeup to hide the fact that he was so ill. And it's shot in black and white to hide it even further. It's just insane, when you think of how ill he was. The song itself is so powerful but the video takes it to another level.