1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Pride and My Situation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hey!

So here's a little background info

So this month is my local pride. Thus weekend starting Friday and ending Sunday with Saturday being the main event/parade day. Anyhoo I found out earlier this month that I'd put in some days off from work, namely pride weekend. However at the time I did not know it was pride weekend. I was like "oh, coincidence or maybe it's meant to be". I'm not one for for believing in those sort of things but it just seemed strange, in a good way, you know.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not going to pride with the expectation of finding someone, I'm just gonna go to enjoy it and just go with the flow. It'll be my first so it'll be a fun experience for me... Hopefully. But I guess, I dunno... It would be kinda nice to find someone or to make new friends. So I guess what I wanna know is, is it possible for this sort of thing to happen. Like it could right.

It just seems like everything happens for a reason and with me bring off on pride and actually going this time instead of chickening out. But like I said I'm trying to keep all expectations and just enjoy the event and have a good time and well, whatever happens happens.

☺️

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely can. I actually met a lot of new friends the day I went to Pride for the first time. It wasn't at the parade but at a bar afterwards. I told anyone who asked that it had been my first parade--and was my first time in a gay bar--people thought it was adorable and introduced me around. I actually met several people that day that I became very close friends with and we are still friends twenty years later. I hope you have a great time!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In life it is important to do something a little scary as often as possible...it flexes the courage muscles. I read somewhere that everything you desire is just on the other side of fear. There is no need to avoid fear, just acknowledge it, try to define it precisely and examine why it would be worthwhile to "just do it" anyway....

4. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go and be yourself, talk to everyone with a friendly face and just enjoy it. Don't go with any preconceptions or expectations, just go do what you enjoy and have fun. If anything, it might give you the confidence to go out more and meet more people, and that could then help in finding someone?

I dont know, I have never been, I am far too chicken, but let us know how it goes :grin:

5. Candace

I think you should go. What if you find out that this is the greatest that's ever come to your city? You might have a good time and want to come back next year, but you're never going to know if you don't go, right? I went for the first time in October of last year and it was great! I'm definitely going back again next year :slight_smile:

6. IceKunoichi

Even if you don't meet anyone at the end of the day you got out there and had a new fun experience.So I would say it was meant to be.

7. Julieno

You should go and enjoy it! Have fun, and If you are extroverted enough talk to people. Usually local LGBT organizations go to pride and form visible groups or stalls... get interested into what they do and ask them! Is a great way to introduce yourself to people and actually have something to talk about.

They same that Happened to OGS could happen to you too :slight_smile: I know that If me and my friends meet someone who has never been in pride before we will happily welcome him or her in our group!

You should go to the next one! Here in the UK pride is quite nice too it doesn't need to be intimidating at all :slight_smile: