1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheesy, romantic things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jul 14, 2014.

1. justjade

In honor of not-Valentine's-Day, I was wondering if there is anything cheesy and romantic you've either done for a partner, a partner has ever done for you, or would like to do with a partner.

I told my husband on one particularly good day that I should have made him breakfast on Earth Day. When he asked why, I said it's because he's my whole world. He instantly started laughing at me. :lol: It was pretty cheesy and silly, but I worked really hard on that.

#1 justjade, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Candace

I would take my partner to a fondue restaurant on Valentine's Day since he'd be the one to melt my heart :grin:.

3. idream

idream Guest

I have this really cheesy proposal planned: I take her out for a run to a mountain with a good view and I challenge her to a race and I let her win and when she sees the view she'll say how beautiful it is and I'll say "you should see the view I have" and she'll turn around and I'll be down on one knee...I figured that was pretty cheesy:slight_smile:

4. Julieno

Funnily enough I was talking about this same thing with my friends yesterday and got over the embarrassment and told them. Surprisingly they loved instead of laughing at me so I may as well share it here:

I learnt "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith and woke up my ex at the break of down singing with my guitar (my room in Madrid is facing in the direction the sun rises and its the tallest building around). This was the last morning we spent together before we moved to different countries and the night before I ordered a surprise special dinner and prepared a surprise bath with loads of foam, scented candles and bath salts for two :slight_smile:

It was kind of sad but I wanted both of us to have an special memory.

5. justjade

That is so sweet! Sucks that you guys moved to different countries. :tears:

6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have never done anything particularly romantic for another person, except for crushes, in which case it appears that I am acting as a fond friend. That being said, I love to make jewelry for other women. It makes my day to see their smiles when they don a bracelet I've crafted myself. But then they just be like [​IMG]

7. QueerQueen

Sent a valentines package a couple years ago to my then girlfriend. In it I had a teddy bear wearing a shirt, I bought her a necklace with a heart and wrapped it around the bears neck and hit it under the shirt which she found later, got her favorite chocolate, made a cd with all the songs that make me thing of her. The cover said "I Love.." and in it I wrote reasons why I love her or things that I love about her and also wrote her a letter.

8. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always pretend that I'm dead inside, but my mind races with romantic gestures that I wish I could do someday, ah well.. Until that happens, I'll stick with a table for one please ^*

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember years ago I was in grad school and I got a cold or something, nothing serious but kind of miserable, couldn't go to class and was sort of just stuck at home being miserable. When the guy I was dating found out he was all apologetic that he couldn't come nurse me back to health which to be honest I thought was kind of silly--I mean it was a miserable cold, but it was just a cold, and I mean he was at work. Anyway, I didn't think much of it--until the delivery arrived. Apparently on his lunch break he had scurried around downtown finding provisions--soup, crackers, orange juice, fresh fruit, magazines, a crossword book, etc.--and had them messengered to me. It was ridiculous, but very sweet.

10. duende84

I still want to pull off something extremely cheesy but romantic. Some great tips in this thread already.

11. justjade

Yeah. Some of comments got me thinking about things I can do.

12. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    omg :tears:

I'm getting feels

people are just so sweet

13. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like romance it just doesn't seem to like me haha. I'm no good at romantic gestures. Last thing I did was take out my money (not a lot at the time) put it in a card and wrote "now you have all of me"

I don't receive much romance so no wonder I'm so cruddy at it.

Night guys

14. Candace

(*hug*) Don't say that! Everyone isn't perfect and I think that that's a great idea :slight_smile: Trust me, I've been in these situations too.

15. BelleFromHell

I plan on taking my future girlfriend with me on a trip to Japan and proposing to her while we're on top of Tokyo Tower (at night). I plan on lighting several candles and playing Barry White for our first time (how cheesy is that? :lol:slight_smile:. I doesn't even matter if I orgasm or not, but it has to be romantic as fuck. I also plan on doing some roleplay/cosplay sex later on.

For me, sex sounds pretty boring unless there is actual "love-making" going on.

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've wrote poems and letters for my girlfriend, but she doesn't know (yet). I'm hoping my action itself isn't too saccharine, but she probably knows I'm quite the sappy bastard underneath the seemingly aloof facade. I also want to cook more for her, but I'm not a good cook.

17. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ugh what I wouldn't give for a romantic guy but instead I'm alone cx

But I like romance I'm a very mushy person haha but I don't think I AM very romantic :/

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I told a fellow, who had asked me for advice on how to romance his girlfriend, to get a puzzle. Then, write on the back of each of the pieces, something that he likes about her, things that our inside jokes to them, or anything that reminds him of her, and so on and so forth. It was a very large puzzle, and it took a while, but he finished writing down things.

They worked on the puzzle together, where she eventually discovered the writing on the back of the pieces, and, well, she was tickled to death. He said she was crying, because no one had done that sort of thing for her before.

Another time, a female associate of mine wanted to get a guy she liked, something. She had no idea how to go about it. I talked to her, trying to figure out what she knew about this fellow. It was decided we would go with a mechanic theme, since he liked to work on automobiles.

The two of us went to purchase construction paper, and we constructed a homemade card that was in the shape of a car, facing you. The hood even opened, and inside, on top of the engine, she wrote "You Really Drive Me Crazy!"

It was corny, and kind of silly, yes, but the guy cracked up and loved it.

As for myself, well, I have a few thoughts. But most of them are shared with others, because I like seeing others happy, and loved.