1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Hexagon

How often do you feel happy? Not the circumstantial happiness because something good just happened, but a kind of abstract mood that makes the world seem different. The kind that makes you appreciate a piece of music or nature in a way you wouldn't normally. When you feel happy with yourself.

For me, more as time goes by. It started about a year ago. The first time it happened I didn't know what was happening. I realised I hadn't felt happy in years. I didn't know what it felt like. My depression has been gone several years, but I feel like it was only recently that I truly escaped it.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I declined therapy, I've been happier. It's a liberating feeling.

3. Candace

It depends on the day. Generally I feel bored, but that doesn't mean I'm sad, per se. I've felt happier since I've been able to spend time with friends and find such lovely people here on EC. So I can't give you an exact number.

I will say that I was angrier back then because I was scared and confused about my sexuality, along with people bullying me for my nerdy looks, my other condition that I have, and an apparent stutter. I hate it sometimes :frowning2:.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Usually, 75% of the day, I am happy. It took quite a while, but it had to be done. Anger and depression were just sabotaging me, and any attempts I made at living life. I'm a very mellow kind of person, who enjoys laughing, for the most part.

That said, sure, there are times when I tend to have harder times, be it dealing with a slight frustration or being irked. More often than not, I can regain control of myself, and even learn why and how that emotion slipped out. I'd much rather strive to be laughing, and others full of warmth around me, than anything else. To do this, I have to be an example, and a provider of such sentiments and feelings. I cannot do this, if I am not feeling what I aspire the world to.

This motivates -- even pushes -- me to trek forward. And, it even makes me happy, knowing I seek to make others as happy as can be, or at least as happy as me!

5. birdking

Since I came out it happens a lot more often.

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ehh it doesn't really happen that often, i'd say i'm more at peace then happy. i used to be an extremely angry guy. now i'm cooling off haha, i guess it could come back anytime though, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

Not very often. I'm usually either sad or neutral. And constant anxiety makes it hard to be happy :icon_sad:

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm away from my sperm donor and the woman who gave birth to me and they stop calling.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very frequently. Ever since I've been a fan of transcendental philosophy and the grandeur of all that's out in space. Even the worst actions of people don't make a dent in my opinion that life, especially sentient life, is a miracle.

10. Candace

I'm sorry (*hug*). What would make you happy then? :frowning2:

11. TurtleCat

Hmm.

I'd say more than anything else, I'm probably usually in a neutral state. It's harder for me to feel genuinely happy nowadays.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

Thanks :slight_smile: I usually just watch TV or do one of my hobbies for a distraction

13. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never.

But I'm trying to change that.

14. Yosia

I feel contented most of the time. I feel happy if something good happens to me. I felt happy yesterday.

15. chloecoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This sounds really sad and I'm not trying to be emo but I seriously don't think I'm happy or I can't think of what it feels like to be happy cuz I'm always so worried about everything or I get really sad and upset. I want to be happy though I guess when I was little I was happy cuz I didn't think about everything so much. But I think it's amazing that you feel happy again!!! :slight_smile:

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

These are two entirely different and completely unrelated things, for me. The former happens quite often (pretty much every moment my mind is not focused on a "daily" matter, actually), while the latter almost never occurs.

17. Silas

I think most of the time I just sorta pretend to be happy and hope that one day I will be. Little things make me happy, eating, watching tv, shopping, music, anything to do with my hobbies... but that deeper kind of happiness where you feel content with yourself, those moments are so much harder to come by. All the years of insecurity and anxiety issues and feeling like I don't deserve to be happy always come back to mess with my head :/

18. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    not many times, really guilt, depression and pain usually stops it, usual feel neutral. worry and apathy, other times contentment and optimism

19. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I suffer from mood swings every now & again have done for a long time:frowning2: it's finding the right way to deal with it when I get like that. I am happy sometimes .