1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to tell if someone is gay by their eye contact?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ghost93, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the store I work at there is this one male employee who I hardly know who works in a different department than me. I have noticed that almost every time I see him (usually its when we greet each other in passing), my eye contact with him lasts much longer than it does with most other people. There is something about the way our eyes maintain contact that just….I don't know, it just feels different.

Could that maybe be a sign that he is gay? Or could it mean something else? I'm not really going to ask him if he is gay (since I myself am not out and its and I don't know when I could possibly have such a conversation), but I'm wondering if eye contact could be a possible sign of someone's orientation.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't think you can determine someone's sexual orientation through eye contact alone. When you do make eye contact, does either one of you say something, or smile as well? If you haven't said anything yet, maybe try going up to him, and say 'hi'. :slight_smile:

3. Mogget

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is exactly one way to know for sure if someone isn't straight: Ask them.

4. Candace

I don't believe so. This has never happened to me from experience. However, if you started talking to the person for some time, you might get some idea as to what their orientation is, but not solely by eye contact.

5. tulipinacup

I think I see where you are coming from but you can't totally rely on an eye contact. I have severe anxiety and it's affecting my eye-contact to people in which I tend to stare too much and I've been called out before because of this but I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of reasons why people stare at you for too long (which includes the one I shared). It could be that he probably thinks you're familiar or he reminds you of someone he knows, that you are good looking, that you have a shirt which he really likes, etc.

Even if he were gay, maybe he's in the closet like you as well so maybe next time you see him making eye contact, try waving or saying hey maybe this guy just wants to be friends with you?

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

if the eye is contacted to ur dick for several many seconds, then i think that is a good indicator of the gay, otherwise no we can not do this yet

7. LiquidSwords

Lingering eye contact is something which could indicate attraction, yes.

8. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope, not unless their eyes can send gay signals to alert you to their sexuality.

9. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, well sort of, you can’t fully be sure with just eye contact, but along with (what other have said), smiling, etc. there’s a strong indication that he is gay and is attracted to you.

10. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seriously doubt you can tell by eye contact unless he had his cock out at the same time :slight_smile:

11. the haunted

It could be a big hint, but you can't know for sure unless he tells you.