1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a favor/question to ask of you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

Do you think I have an ok body?
    I have 2 pics in my albums if you would go look for me.

I'm kind of self conscious about it sometimes; I think I'm going to try to get a 6 pack and bigger arms.

Think I should bother?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter what the cartoon gargoyle on the internet messageboard thinks. What matters is what YOU think. :slight_smile:

If you think you'd be more confident, and thus happier, with a bit more muscle, then by all means, go for it. But do try to like you for you, no matter how big your arms or flat your stomach. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Lex! Mind Freak, it does not matter what others think about your body. The only thing that does matter is how you feel and think about it. As Lex indicated, if you want more muscle, because it might make you feel better about yourself go for it. Also, ans as Lex indicated, try to like yourself. It will go along way in how you feel about -and look at yourself.

4. Janvier

Your body is nice, why would you be self-conscious about it? Very few people are naturally muscular at 15 and I'm pretty sure you'll put on muscle relatively fast if you start working out properly.
    Abs and arms aren't enough, you'll look disproportioned; chest, back and legs are important too.
    And don't forget, your upper arm has 3 muscles, not only the biceps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. ScentedRegrets

Mind Freak, you do have a nice body. But I think Lex put it best (as usual). It really doesn't matter what others think. It matters what you think. Take me, for instance. Over the past two years, I have trimmed 70 pounds and have added about two inches to the diameter of my upper arms. Not to mention, now that I have lost the weight, I am trying to work on a six pack.

How did I do that? Working out at the gym 5-6 days a week. I literally leave for work at 7:35 am and get home at 10:00 pm each day. I try to take one day off during the week to hang out with my two best friends, and then Friday is usually my off day.

Why did I do that? Because I was sick of the way I looked and wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. If it would make you feel better about yourself, then do it. But if you want others to think better about you, then I say you are wasting your time.

6. Antidoll

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok dude, honestly you're only 15 lol, you have times to think about that later lol , but no u don't need anything.

7. Fiorino

Janvier, honestly I don't think your advice will help him much.
    No offense, but you kind of seem obsessed with your own body and,
    as any obsession it's not healthy. Mind Freak, your body is fine you need
    to stop worrying about it! I know what you're going through and
    I say accept your body, instead of rejecting it and becoming
    obsessed with your physique. Besides, for me the head is the
    most important part of the body, as the rest is a lot easier to
    fix, and your head is quite nice as it is :icon_bigg.

Hope that helped.
    Love yourself for who you are.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)

8. Mind Freak

Lol. Thanks for all the advice... I just feel like people will like me better if I look better.

9. InaRut

I think you look fine buddy.
    I would say something more then that but your only 15 and I have to apply to legal standards.

So you look like a fine and distinguished young man.

10. Mind Freak

Lol. Thanks. I appreciate that;
    I remember being 5 and on picture day they had different scenes and stuff and one was a beach one.

So I was just in swimming trunks and I was so uncomfortable and like shy about having my shirt off so I guess the insecurity thing started early on... oh and then i was "chunky" 3-5th grades. So yeah...

11. sexyalex

-kisses teeth-

do what u want with ur body. it's what u feel and nothing is wrong with being self concious. at the end of the day... if u ignore how u feel about urself, u are not going to feel good. inside and out.

Nonetheless, u should be partial as to how u go about acehiveing what u want for your body, because if it's going to take putting ur life at risk just to try to make urself what is sterotypicaly seen as "cute/sexy/hot" by society then it won;t be worth it.
    trust me.
    if ur like me and have the past experiences i have had, allot of people may say things to make u ponder stuff about ur body and lower ur self confidence but u may never know...maybe they just envy u.

so do what u want, do what u must but don't ask us what we think. do it cuz u want it. It's ur body, and as long as ur healthy, i hope u become comfortable with ur body someday.

Alex.

12. NathanHaleFan

Dude, that's not true. No matter how cliched it sounds, it is true that people like you for your personality first. What's more, if you do turn into a centerfold supermodel tomorrow, any friends you would make purely because of that probably wouldn't be true friends anyway.

As long as you take care of yourself (you don't smell, you brush your teeth, you wash your hair) nobody's gonna be scared and run away from you. I'm sure you do all of these things.