1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do gay guys not like soccer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daniel6, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Daniel6

I didn't like any sports when i was a kid. The boys in my neighborhood used to call me like "faggot" or something. So i started playing soccer and loved playing it. However, i don't like watching soccer games at all.
    I read many life stories of gays and most of them said that they didn't like sports when they were kids too
    How about u guys

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I always hated sports (any sports) at school, and haven't done any since. I was useless at soccer, came last but one in cross-country running, could only just about swim, etc.

I also find watching sports boring.

So I fit that stereotype..... :slight_smile:

3. Sanssouci

I love football, both playing and watching, support Sunderland and watching Soccer Saturday as we speak. I like other sports too, so I guess I don't fit that stereotype :slight_smile:

4. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was a kid, I did not really like sports that much except for liking and playing soccer and hockey. Now that I am 25, I like baseball, basketball, and volleyball, and I still like soccer and hockey.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was not good at sports when I was younger, and I'm still not. Floor hockey is the only sport I'm any good at. I'm also not really a big fan of professional sports. I have since school found other non competitive ways of exercising that I very much enjoy.

However, it's not an absolute. Not everyone that doesn't like sports is gay, and not everyone gay doesn't like sport.

6. Kimi

Well, I'm always sucks at sports when I was kid......well, I still am.
    But as I get older I began to play more sports than I used to.
    Not goot at it, but I play golf, badminton, and tracks. And sometimes I play like basketball, soccer, and tennis too...although I'm too far from good.

I like watching sports. Though I don't really care about how's game doing...
    I just enjoy what am I looking at:eusa_danc
    XII FINA World Championships melbourne 2007 was a good example:grin:

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm terrible at sports but I religiously watched the matches of the World Cup last year... I don't love soccer, but I don't hate it either.

8. SpikySpice

One of the thing I was scared about is sport, because I suck at it. Kids at my middle school really stressed me everytime I have gym classes. So I didn't sign up any gym in highschool, for now, I feel safe, but I have to face it again in my seinor year.
    But I also found out that I was good at soccer(maybe I was playing agaisnt worst soccer team in the universe?) I only good at using my feet, so I also like tracking, biking and swimming. I can't even catch!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I only like to watch World Cup, Fifa, Euuro, one reason is taht I can also enjoy watching bice looking guys chasing after the ball on the field
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#8 SpikySpice, Apr 21, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  9. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    to be honest i'm another one that subscribes to that one. But only because i'm not really a big fan of sports i'm no good at. I have no hand eye or foot eye coordination and so that gets rid of the majority of ball sports.

Although that's not to say i'm anti sport. Love gyming it, running, athletics, kayaking, abseiling, rock climbing, parachuting, etc. And I do like to watch the big games such as the World Cup.

10. blake21

when i was a kid i played alot of sports in school i still like watching sports and playing football baseball basketball

11. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

I was never much a sports fan -- still aren't much of one -- with some exceptions. I love to swim and do so often (as I sit here with wet hair having just come from the pool back to my condo). I also like to watch golf (though I kinda hate playing it, I will if the right group of friends is going). Ironically, I like soccer a lot but I live in the U.S. and I'm just old enough to have missed the brief soccer craze here. So, I may not be a hardcore fan (which means I don't do football, basketball, or baseball and I frankly never talk about sports) but I do like the activities I like.

When I was a kid, my parents had me in soccer but I hated it because my father was too driven to make me "the best." Then, after years of not really exercising at all, the gym coach in high school demanded that I join the swim team. I did -- swam competitively for 4 years -- and LOVED IT! I'll always be a butterflyer and freestyler now and I will always swim for exercise when I can.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i just love soccer and cricket. i play them both at school but surfing is the best. i also really like horse racing to.

#12 jayden, Apr 21, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  13. shain250

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i did not play much sports when i was in school i do play football and basketball with friends watch sports not so much

14. Daniel6

I totally agree:grin:

15. LOL.:icon_bigg i never liked sports much either

16. ampthejazz

I'm terrible at sports. Soccer is no different.

However, I have nothing wrong with soccer players. :wink:

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to hate athletic stuff when I was younger--except swimming. I swam competitively for 3 years when I was in elementary school (grades 4 to 6 here, age... uh... 10 to 12) and I really really love swimming--and that's about it.

I HATE team sports, playing and watching. Well, except I always liked playing basketball but I was never that good at it. However, I'm more than happy to watch some men's swimming, men's diving, and men's gymnastics. I wonder why...? :lol:

But yeah I'm not a really athletic person. Didn't help that it was SO associated with being a boy and I didn't really like most boys because they bullied the shit out of me, so why would I want to associate with anything that was such a boy thing, right?

But I do think exercise is a good and important thing, though. Oh and I got told in Grade 11 I showed real leadership during our underwater hockey games. Yes, there is such a thing as underwater hockey and supposedly I was good at it. That was I think the very ONLY time I was ever lauded for my athletic abilities. *grin*

18. 94nat

I play comp footy at school and with my local club. We have lost the last 2 games but hope to win the next couple!!!! In the summer I play cricket and like swimming. I use to play soccer in primary school.