1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Talk About Fears

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ibsian, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ibsian

ibsian Guest

Ok guys, i am back with a new question for you, although i am not very sure if someone posted it earlier but lets talk :icon_wink

Okey my question is that what are your general fears, like things that frighten you. Things that happen around us, or live around us. Tell me about your fears.

And if you turn it to me or you didnt quite get my question, then my answer might be helpful

'THUNDER STORM'

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fear not living up to my own standards.

Oh, and any insect bigger than a housefly. Grasshoppers - ugh!

Lex

3. Shrug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fear failing my algebra 2 klass!

and i fear spiders, i freak out every tyme i see one!!!

4. sparkyboyM

i fear being watched when like no one's around
    ...and camping in the woods, after watching the blair witch project anyway lol

5. ibsian

ibsian Guest

same as my younger brother:roflmao:

6. ibsian

ibsian Guest

i have that fear too sometimes

7. silentsound

I fear inadequacy. I fear unknown. I fear my own fears.

8. Poring

I am terribly afraid of any insect other than ants D=

I mean honestly, ghosts, monsters... show me a cockroach or anything like that and I will shout like a little girl and run like hell XD

9. Beth

the child catcher off chitty chitty bang bang,i'm 18 & been scared of it since i watched that film when i was really little.then in town today there were street performers & i freaked out when one of them had a net like the child catcher!

oh & public humiliation is right up there on my list of fears

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Groups of rowdy people (such as football fans) always make me uneasy. I feel that every laugh and jeer is aimed at me, even though of course it isn't. That stems from being a victim of bullying when I was primary school I think.

Related to that I really worry about walking around town on my own in the evening. So I normally get a taxi from home to/from the gay pub even though it's only 20 minutes walk.

Completely unrelated, I'm scared of the dark. Not darkish, I mean pitch dark when you can't tell if your eyes are open or closed. It's the feeling of being out of touch with my surroundings.

11. lexie

i fear been outed, lol
    i fear people realising
    i fear abuse i might get when i come out
    i fear spiders (lol-seriously)
    i fear death
    i fear drink drivers/reckless drivers on the roads (oh that reminds me....)
    i fear the prospect of my driving test (should be taking it soon, and i know i'll be so scared lol)
    also i fear walking anywhere by myself at night, that isnt well lit with lots of people round.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Snakes - They freak me out. The thought of one makes me feel jumpy and whenever I see one I run like the wind. :grin: I saw a little grass snake in Florida last time I went and I had never run so fast in my life.

Heights - Eurgh, there is no reason to leave the ground. I get to a certain height (not that high either) and I just freeze on the spot. I absolutely hate them and all sorts of crazy things cross my mind.

Needles - Now if we were meant to have pointy pieces of metal stabbed into us then we would have a hole in our skin that could open up to allow injections. As we don't have that I am assuming we are not meant to have these things stabbing us, so I avoid needles at all costs. my BCG also burnt the living hell out of me. It got infected and oozed for weeks. :tears:

I have other silly things like operations (I have a fear of waking up through the procedure), the dentist (those drills are scary) and enclosed spaces (especially when I can't move my arms). I guess I am a wuss. :grin:

13. ibsian

ibsian Guest

well LEXIE i dont fear both of these things at all, cause i dont think anyone can be affected by what i am and i think there is nothin like immortality and everyone has to die like today or tommorow so why be afraid

14. Beth

oh yeh i wont walk into crowded places on my own if i can help it
    so i actually try to get to class on time cuz i dont wana walk in & have ppl look at me
    i hate getin on the bus cuz i think everyones gona watch me
    i hate it when i get off a train & am meetin sum1 incase i cant see them & look stupid
    so a lot of the time i get my phone out & pretend i'm doing somethin...

15. ibsian

ibsian Guest

hey BETH how many things are you afraid of?:roflmao:

16. lexie

i wish i had that mindset lol

oh and to whoever mentioned needles, that reminds me, i am petrified of needles. whenever i have to have blood taken it turns into a nightmare for the nurses cause i freak out. and i cant watch it go in, ahhhh

17. Beth

yeh alrite lol
    that was a general one,was givin examples of my not likin crowded places :icon_redf

18. ibsian

ibsian Guest

:eusa_clap

19. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

A few fears:
    - Height
    - Arachnids
    - Any type of bugs

This year, one of my many new year's resolution is to get over my fears :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    #1: Disappointing my parents
    #2: Needles (One of the reasons I refuse to give blood and I hate going into surgery)
    #3: Losing my friends
    #4: The dark. Not just pitch black dark, but whenever I walk my dog I about have a panic attack sometimes. Unless I'm smoking my pipe or a cigar; basically something to keep my mind occupied.
    #5: Not waking up... irrational, but still.