1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use Craigslist and EBay - stories, advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I once bought a car part on EBay. It was so much cheaper than buying it at a dealer or an auto parts store. The vendor was certified or whatever that approval rating they have is. The part arrived and it worked perfectly. I have not sold on EBay. Can just anybody sell on EBay or do you have to have some kind of account which costs money?

I have sold on Craigslist but have never bought anything. I look through the stuff and my head spins from all the junk and way much variety. I once sold two items successfully on Craigslist. Then, I tried to sell something else about a year ago and it didn't work. What do you think of Craigslist?

ALSO - I have a question. Craigslist has changed in one way. If someone sends a seller a message or e-mail, doesn't responding to them automatically give them your name and e-mail address? Is there a way to respond from a generic e-mail account on Craigslist or another way to prevent this from happening? One doesn't want to bother with this if they are tossing out low ball offers or if they are flakes. Any tips on how to deal with inquiries in a more confidential way?

EBay and Craigslist seem to be a blessing and a curse.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, E-Bay is alright buying stuff because most of the time it is backed. The prices have risen over the years though. Craigslist-I only use to look at garage sales(as far as items anyways :wink: ). I bought a few CD's from a couple people, but it just seemed creepy. Just my opinion.

Craigslist should keep your info private as well as E-Bay, but I haven't used either for individual transactions in a few years.