1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypochondriac who's afraid of doctors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Cass

I always think I'm sick/hurt and the stupid thing I'm worried about always ends up being nothing. I'm always so scared to go to the dr though and do the stupid thing (checking webMD). I sit around and panick all day over nothing.

For example: once these little dots popped up all over my foot.
    I thought- "ulcers, skin cancer, an ifection or something that would lead to amputation
    What it was- warts, totally common in my age group, totally harmless

I also convinced myself I had a brain tumor, I just had migraines brought on by stress

I guess I'm crazy lol.

2. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Lol I recently made a post here about hypochondria, yess it sucks. I often have anxiety attacks because of it. Also I hate going to the docters because i always think he will tell me something bad. My best advice for you, learning from experince, is to not to use sites like webmed to look up your symtoms. Often the internet will provide symtoms from the worst and most rarest diseases possible. This will only heighten your anxiety. For some people, talking over their fears may help or getting verification eases hypochondria. Another way that could help your hypochondria is to imagine your fears, infact this can help with other types of anxiety as well.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm not particularly fond of going to the doctor, because I'm always waiting for the "You're not going to like this..." speech.

A comedian, whose name I have forgotten, summed it up well, with something along these lines:

" I hate going to the doctor. I go in for a simple check up... and come out with Diabetes. "

4. Cass

Very helpful.
    WebMD really is like the worst thing ever
    Thanks