1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky diving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jwis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Jwis

The recent roller coaster thread made me think of this again. I really really want to go sky diving. Who here has been sky diving? Is it worth the money?

I am going to be getting a decent bonus from work in the next few weeks. All the credit cards have low balances, so I am going to splurge on something for myself. I am thinking of using some of it to go sky diving and put the rest in savings.

So convince me one way or the other to go sky diving or not :icon_bigg

2. Candace

I personally wouldn't ever go skydiving. My cousin just came into town and actually asked if he could :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. All I can say is, if you made the money, you should have the right to spend it on whatever you want to.

3. tulipinacup

I want to try Sky Diving! It's seriously a bucket list of mine but sadly, I don't have enough money. The thought of it scares me but I'm willing to do it and it's the same for Bunjee Jumping.

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2014 at 10:31 AM ----------

omg you should do it!:icon_bigg

4. YourSoThirsty

We'll worth the money and don't worry about the risk you will be attached to a trained professional and if you get up there and decide not to you don't have to. I recommend it. You also get a spare parachute just in case. Try it!!! We'll worth the money cheers

5. Candace

Maybe if I had 4-5 emergency parachutes and some calming medication, maybe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. YourSoThirsty

Lol my friend got high before she jumped best experience of her life she said afterwards lol

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No way. I get nervous enough flying commercial airlines, I have no desire to get in some dude's dinky plane and then jump out of it.

8. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would love to do it but would definitely chicken out. I read somewhere that the death rate was similar to that of skiing which isn't bad. I would also like to try hangliding but I've heard that was more dangerous than skydiving. If I did anything like this, it would probably only be once as I wouldn't want to tempt my usually bad luck.

9. Hexagon

I'd love to sky dive.

10. Yosia

I want to do it. It seems so fun.

11. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately I have to join the wave of people that have not yet done it but would like to.

Not very helpful, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Though might I ask - how much does it cost, anyhow?

12. Yosia

It can cost 200£ or even over. Or you could do it one time only and as the last thing you ever do for free? lol.

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Still have to pay for the gas to go up there :lol:. I'm actually surprised the number is that low - or is that not including the plane rental?

14. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think it is $270 for a skydive where I live and you have to be over the age of 12 with a guardian to sign papers before you go.

I would like to when I am older with friends.

15. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I've done sky diving for charity. To be honest I found it a little boring and no where near as extreme or exhilarating as it's often made out to be.

Happy days :slight_smile:

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I live about 30 minutes from a military base, which offers skydiving to the public every now and then. I've gone... once.

I don't intend to do it again. While the experience as a whole wasn't terrible, it left me feeling very uncomfortable, in the back of my head. I was thinking about what would happen, if something went wrong, or how many things I could think of as I fell. In a strange sort of way, I was semi-accepting of the possibility, if I were to die, I was semi-okay with it.

For anyone worried about safety, they're very professional. You get a basic crash course before hand, and time to ask questions (at least that was my experience). They even have you practice jump, or they allowed my group to do so, on a replica of a plane. And, who knows? You might get partnered with a very nice-looking young man or lady.

17. Acm

Acm Guest

I would love to go skydiving, but I think it would be more fun with someone else there and I don't know anyone who would go with me.

18. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Even though im scarred of heights, I do want to do a sky dive atleast once in my life.

19. sugarcubeigloo

I've gone skydiving. Its not nearly as awful as it seems! This is coming from someone who hasn't been on a roller coaster in years! I'm pretty sure I'll never go on one again. :lol: However, I would go skydiving again. You have someone strapped to you as well. He was pretty good looking too (in my case), which didn't hurt (I posted a picture on here of him harnessing me in). The instructors were very personable individuals and well trained in their craft. You'd be in good hands. I would say that the free fall didn't feel like anything I would have expected it to and it turned out to be my favorite part of the experience.

However, only do what you're comfortable with. Never let anyone peer pressure you into doing it if you don't feel that you're ready. :slight_smile: But I would suggest it. :wink:

20. Jwis

Well looks like I'm going to sign up for it. There is a package deal near me that includes training for solo jumps. I have zero desire to do a tandem jump, in fact I would rather not skydive then do a tandem. It would ruin it for me.

Thanks for the input looks like I'm going to book a package!