1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people think a straight guy is gay if he's sleeping with a transsexual woman ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jul 19, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was watching wendy willams and Kendra's husband hank cheated on her with a trans woman and then wendy the host said to everyone I think Hank needs to come out of the closet and everyone was like Yay he does .
    So he's gay for having sex with a trans woman and this trans woman looks like a woman and it seems like she had a great doctor I'm not sure if she has a penis or not but I don't think that should matter .
    But does it upset anyone else when they hear this crap ?:tantrum:
    And yes Hank is wrong for cheating but he isn't gay for sleeping with a trans woman

2. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Why do people think a straight guy is gay if he's sleeping with a transsexual wom

Some people see us as only body parts and nothing more.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Re: Why do people think a straight guy is gay if he's sleeping with a transsexual wom

Trans women are WOMEN, and a man who is attracted to women is straight. It's utterly ridiculous.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Yeah

5. lowkey

lowkey Guest

If she is pre-opt from becoming a woman. And he is sexually attracted to the transwoman, then he is bi-sexual at the very least. Thats just my opinion though, and also im Assuming her dick turns him on, it still is in human eyes a mans body part and thats how humans have evolved to view that specific body part,

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I don't think it makes him bi either .

7. maselalala

I used to like her but after hearing this I've honestly lost respect for her.

8. Re: Why do people think a straight guy is gay if he's sleeping with a transsexual wom

It's because unfortunately, people believe that penis=man and vagina=woman. Which is bogus on so many levels I don't even know where to start.:bang::bang::bang:

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I know and I hate that most people still think that way ugh :bang:

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM ----------

I liked her too but, she seriously pissed me off that day with that comment and she should know better .:tantrum:

#9 stocking, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Not trying to justify her behavior, but is it possible she thought she was cross-dressing?

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I don't think she did , she said he was just sleeping with a trans woman that's about it and he needed to come out of the closet because he slept with her .

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Then she's ignorant. Too bad, I always kind of liked her.

13. PurpleGrey

Maybe it's the association people tend to have between transwomen and transvestites/drag queens. It's an association I hate seeing.

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

It's probably due to them not being properly educated on the subject.

15. shinpoku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I don't know about you guys, but I think labels are kind of stupid. I mean they're just another excuse for humans to separate themselves.

16. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

There's a tv show here that looks at the lives of transwomen (ladyboys) in Thailand. It follows two couples sometimes as well, two English guys and their girlfriends, both trans. Both of these men are very obviously attracted to women, not men, even though I don't think their girlfriends are fully transitioned yet, and no I do not think it makes them gay.

I'm not sure that it really needs to be said but sexuality is fluid. Regardless of whether a transwoman still has a penis or not she is still a woman, both mentally, and physically assuming that she has started to transition at all. In terms of being turned on by a penis if she still has one then I don't think a guy is completely straight but if he is sleeping with a transwoman then he is definitely not gay because she is female, full stop.
    It kind of bothers me that people still often don't see trans people as the gender they really are, rather than the sex that they biologically are even after they've transitioned, so people will still see a transwoman as a man a lot of the time and vice versa which is annoying and stupid because they are ignorant about these things

#16 pigpassport, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  17. Hexagon

Because they're assholes.

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Straight guys get called gay for being into body builders and tomboys. Ignorance, perhaps fear: what if all straight men start preferring trans women!!1

And the fact that people can't tell the difference between gender and biological sex. Hint: most gay men aren't into long hair, make up, breasts, etc.

19. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Im not in agreement with you, im not sure where the 'either' you wrote comes into play.

Its a simple concept, if you are with any gender of a person and are attracted to there male Reproductive Organ, You Are at the very least Bisexual. imo, you are more gay than straight, and if anything you are into woman emotionally, but sexually attracted to guys, so a male to woman pre opt, is what you prefer

20. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

From what the OP said I think she was post op, so even if she hadn't fully transitioned she would look female and that would have been what he was attracted to, so he would be sexually attracted to a post op transwoman which doesn't necessarily make a man bisexual. Even less so if she was fully transitioned. So it makes sense that this guy could be perfectly straight and quite likely just attracted to women so this post op transwoman would be what he would prefer.