1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small town queers, do you exist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, Jul 20, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

Any queers from a small town where everyone is in everyone else's business n shit like that?

Explain how life is and how acceptance is

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Queer is an adjective, not a noun.

And I live in a town of about 5000.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a town of about 2,500 (4,000 or so if you count a prison), and I'm highly visible in the community.

Obviously there are the backwoodsy types who call me names sometimes, but honestly, I've become numb to it all. Other than that, it's fairly highly accepting.

#3 BryanM, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  4. PICollins91

I live in a town of about 135 people. I've lived here for three years but I only have talked regularly with a couple of locals, everyone just keeps to themselves but I've heard I've been brought up in some gossip before as I don't interact much with people and my somewhat feminine appearance might raise alarms. But nobody bothers me and the place is much safer than where I was living before.

5. dragon20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a town of about 3000 or so. I'm not out to everybody but the people that do know have been very accepting. Then again I've told two gay guys and basically my best friend. And my brothers. But they were very nice about it. My brother asks me the occasional awkward question but what sibling doesn't? And my friend that knows is actually trying to kinda learn more about it. So I guess that's a good thing. I'm not too sure about the rest of the town but a lot of them seem like they'd be accepting of it. Hopefully my rambling makes sense and/or helps a little. :slight_smile:

-Soul

6. Sabot Kitty

I've lived in three different Midwestern suburban small towns. We exist, we just aren't open about it.

7. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in quite a small town in England I do know am not the only gay round hear .

8. Yosia

My village is really small.

Life is fine, the old people arent very accepting but mostly everyone else is nice. The shop people know im Agender too lol.

9. justjade

Acceptance is not good here. I live in Point Pleasant, WV, and our population is quite small. What's worse is that the towns around here are all exactly the same.

10. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I come from a village with a population of around 500! Such a culture shock when I moved to a city! But I do know that where I'm from gay people are more than accepted. One of our village pubs is owned by a gay couple in fact. Overall it's just a nice place with lots of nice and friendly people. Obviously there is village gossip. But it makes things interesting nevertheless!

11. edgy

edgy Guest

Do you stay armed?

12. 101DeadRoses

My town has about 800-1000 people in it. People used to talk to me all the time, but since I've went goth no one does, except for two or three.

13. Tetra

I live in a very small community, and I'll never forget a group of guys calling me a "dyke" out of their car window (before I even knew I was gay) when I was 16 or so. What a classy group of people. Can't wait to get the hell out of here.

14. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive only been on the west side of US, but from my experiences people in small towns are more accepting and usually there are more gays.

This is where i have met some of my best friends that where LGBT. In bigger cities they where more snobbish, like i was an outsider or a pleb.

15. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Yes, I'm from a small country where everyone is like, very primitive. In a case like that, first you have to know people a little better, and even then there are chances you'll be betrayed (happened a lot).

16. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a town of 75.000. Yes, I know it's bigger than your towns, but I can't call it a "city". I have horses and hens near my house and people know each other and gossip too much. There is a small community of young people though, who are mostly students or volunteers in the youth center, among whom lgbt people can feel accepted. But in general the place is full of bigots and fascists.

17. Greeley

HELLO!

You must have called me! haha.

I live in a town with about 2000-4000 people in (feels like only about 400 people though) and once i came out to my family. It spread like wild-fire. Probably because my mother, father and brother all live in the same town. I used to work in the Local Supermarket and everybody knew me because of my family so a lot of people were surprised by it.

I do get a few people now and again be like "WAIT WHAT?!" when they find out, specially the last time i went to the bar. But its not bad at all, nobody really cares. Which is strange since its a very religious town.

18. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a town of about 900 give or take a few. I'm pretty much alone, except for a few people in my town that know people in other towns. It kinda sucks, being alone. But im not really alone though. I have the support of 22 out of 23 classmates, and the teachers are nice enough. they dont really mention it, but i know they know since i told one of them who told the counselor. that kinda sucked. i was going to keep it hidden from them, but it slipped. again. now they all know. im so stupid. :bang: but im accepted by most of the people I know that do actually know for sure.

19. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I live in a tiny town in Ireland, I'm originally from Dublin so when i moved to this town it was like going back in time 50 years its so old fashioned:frowning2:

20. Nirvanafan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You know the stereotype of Brittish? That's were I live. Oh sure very pretty but I work on our family's little allotments thingy. And the whole village has like "male" jobs and "female" jobs. It's in credibly sexist and it gives me dysphoria that I have to do "male" jobs. I have never Met an out gay, lesbian or anything other than Cishet that is under the age of thirty. Or at school. I have seen a gay couple once, which was really exciting wich is pathetic but what can I say.

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2014 at 07:54 PM ----------

Actually no I used to get the bus to school with a bisexual. We were quite good freinds, I think she worked it out but was nice enough not to comment (unlike every other person I've ever met)