1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking people out & being checked out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MindvsHeart, Jul 21, 2014.

?

How do you check people out?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2014.
  1. Leer... *MindvsHeart tsk's at you in the background*

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Stare in shock. :O Your mind is telling you no, but your body is telling you yes. X)

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Avoid looking at them. You're too shy but you know they're there.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Subtle glances. You acknowledge the attraction but will observe them covertly.

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

There are times in life when our attention is captured by someone due to a variety of reasons from a nice bum to a ravishing, leather jacket. I'm just curious to how all of you lovely people go about it and your response to when you're being checked out by someone else.

In my case, I'm more of the subtle I'm-checking-you-out-while-pretending-to-lazily-scan-the-area kind of person. :thumbsup:

A week or so ago, I was on the train back home from the city, and I was facing the door. The good thing about it was that I could see the people behind me through the reflection on the train door window (I'm paranoid like that.) Anyway, I happened to notice in the reflection of the window, a very pretty lady behind me staring avidly at me. I kind of shrugged it off because she could've seen a bird or something. However, she did it two more times and was less subtle about it every time. I really didn't know how to react...:eusa_doh:

Anyway, to recap: How do you check out people? (Take the poll) & How do you react to being checked out by another person? :eusa_danc

2. Greeley

I honestly don't mind being checked out. And to be fair, i say that because i don't often do and when i do, i barely even notice it haha.

I check people out really subtly, but tbf i have to because when i'm with my 2 best mates, they are the least discreet people in the world and if they saw me checking some guy out, they would tell them that i was checking them out lol.

3. jahow95

You haven't posted a poll?
    I try to be subtle but a lot of the time I think you want them to notice. And I've actually never noticed myself being checked out before

4. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Poll is up now :3

5. jahow95

hahah cheeers... didn't realise you could post it after the OP haha

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

No worries, I just wasn't expecting people to answer immediately ^_^ so I was taking my time coming up with poll options.

7. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I am very open about checking "people" out.

A quick check-up and is fine with me, but I'm respectful enough to make eye-contact the second it would turn into staring. Eye-contact also determines if I'll take things further, and apparently, it's my most effective weapon of seduction. :lol:

I don't mind being checked out myself at all.
    They can look at me, stare at me, eat me up with their eyes, I don't mind.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2014 at 02:15 PM ----------

Hey, where's the poll option for bold people like me?

#7 Black Raven, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. tulipinacup

Oh god I am terrible when it comes to eye contact because the moment I try to give a quick glance to someone, it feels as if it's like 10 seconds. I've been practicing my facial expressions though because I'm really terrible at making a good poker face.

There was this one time where I was walking along near the hospital building and as I look through my left I spotted a really cute police guy and he saw me looking at him and he smiled at me so awkwardly turned to my right but oh god I pretty much wanted to die during that day.

9. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha, I've done this too.

I tend to turn around pretending I heard something behind me and during the turn around, I'll quickly glance. Then on the turn back, I'll get a second glance. :thumbsup:
    Unless they're in front of me and facing away...

10. Xochipilli

I do that. :grin:
    And my body goes into some busted autopilot mode while my eyeballs gawk. So if someone were to to ask me the time, I'd reply that I was allergic to shrimp. Or I'd be stuck pulling a push door and not even realize.

Oh and I assume everyone looking at me is talking smack.

#10 Xochipilli, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  11. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually just look at them once and then look away, but they'll be in my mind for a while.

As for getting checked out, that's not exactly my cup of tea. I don't want to be 'checked out'. That seems to be undesirable, for some strange reason. I'd just prefer if they came up to me and became my friend.

12. sammy1

I check people out by pretending to scan the area because I'm a very shy person. If I see a cute girl and our eyes actually meet I almost panic and look away fast. As for me being checked out..I have never noticed anyone checking me out before and if they looked like they were looking at me I would assume they were looking at someone beside me lol

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I love it when people catch me looking, because I won't break eye contact. I used to, but I've gotten better -- a lot of forcing myself, and a lot more practice. Most will look at me for a moment, then eventually break the eye contact. The few brave souls who don't break eye contact, I tend to do the finger point and wink ("the gun" as they call it), at which point they either smile/laugh, or just shake their head. If it's the former, I make conversation. If it's the latter, I kind of chide them for being too hip for my lame ass gesture. This usually gets them open to conversation.

Now, in the rare event somebody just stuns me, by their presence, I'll play Metal Gear and go special ops. But, after I've cooled off, I'll go to what I mentioned above.

I've had too many What if I didn't look away?/What if I did talk to them? moments, and I refuse to let that happen again.

14. sugarcubeigloo

Oh, I'm super sneaky. I keep the glances short, randomly timed ,and worthwhile. If I am caught, I do keep looking... just past them as if I were staring at something in the distance. If they do look, I won't do it again. Game over.

I like it when there are windows around so I can look in the reflection without actually looking. Oh man... typing this out... I'm a creep. I'm just gonna own it.

And the other part... people don't check me out. If they did, I'd be flattered. :slight_smile:

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love having reflective lenses on my sunglasses, they come in handy for looking at cute guys with no one noticing. If I don't have them, I just stick to quick glances.

16. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I feel so lonely up there in that poll.... won't anybody leer at/with me? :grin:

(Not -exactly- what I do, but the most suitable substitute out of the poll choices)

17. PICollins91

I try to keep it subtle, if he looks right at me I'll pretend I'm just looking around. As far as being checked out, not quite as subtle, I start blushing and have to cover my face somehow.

18. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I avoid staring at people in general, I'm worried they can feel it and that I'll seem like a creeper even though idle staring doesn't mean much in itself. I have an irrational fear that women will think I'm perving on them and that men will get all frat-bro aggressive on me like "why you starin', you got a problem?" if I stare at them for more than a couple of seconds.

If I've ever been checked out by someone, I was completely unaware of it. I can't imagine why anyone would check me out anyway.

19. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Since I came out, my friend thinks I'm a flirt,on Saturday we went to San Diego, it was pride weekend and I decided what the hell, and I put on a rainbow bracelet. I was given dirty looks, thumbs up, high fives and hugs because I was fifteen, out and about. I was so happy and I felt I could be myself, the gay boy who had been hiding for 14 yrs! So I was, I saw a guy and I didn't care I stared but only until they noticed haha cx

Yesterday at the beach (I didn't go in the water I look best when I am wearing pants and a shirt) So I was on the beach with my jeans and I had to fold them so they wouldn't get covered In sand, and I was wearing a grey V-neck and I put on my rainbow bracelet. I sat there for about an hour on my phone, a guy approached me we sat we talked for 5 min and he gave me his number :slight_smile: another hour passed and another guy came up to me we talked for like 15 min he also have me his number :slight_smile: I was so happy with myself. I don't know how to explain it but I guess there is a first time for everything but what killed me is I got into phoenix, and I felt I needed to take off my bracelet and unfold my pants. Because I felt I would be discriminated against? I'm super sorry for the long, long back sorry but the point is I ON MOST OCCASIONS STARE AT PEOPLE I FIND ATTRACTIVE. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

20. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

I always seem to come across people that I find attractive in situations where it's very difficult not to be looking at them (i.e. if they're sitting opposite me on the train). So I kind of subtley look around the train, look at the other people on the train, read the adverts stuck on the walls, and look at them a few times. Occasionally I'll make eye contact with them, because they'll be looking around as well and because it is very hard not to make eye contact with someone you're sitting opposite, even if you have no idea who they are.

I do try not to look at them for too long or too often, I don't like being too obvious although I always feel like I'm extremely obvious about it and that any second they'll say something to me telling me to stop looking at them or whatever. I like people watching anyway so maybe if that ever were to happen I could use that as an excuse haha