1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, It's been fun

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fallingdown7, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It took me a long time to truly realize this....I spent ages fighting it, denying who I am, but I can't do it anymore now that I know the truth.

I am possibly asexual. Homoromantic though, still.

I used to think I was not, and just sexually picky, but now I see some of the signs:
    - I have had many crushes and 'liked' people in my life, but I have never been sexually attracted to any of my crushes.
    - I love romance and crave romantic relationships....but yet I don't need the sexual part, and tend to get disappointed when I find out someone I like values sex more.
    - I used to think I was not asexual because I've masturbated, I talk about sex, and I have sexual fantasies. However, all of my fantasies, and everytime I talked about it...I was NEVER involved. It was always fictional shippings I liked, or talked about. And most of the time I think about nothing at all.
    - When my ex told me she had sexual interest in me, I felt uncomfortable. I have never been able to recognize when someone is hot.

I feel like I don't belong on EC anymore because I just don't relate. I don't relate to hearing about people's sexual problems since It's not a part of my life, and I also feel like acephobia sometimes pops up here which makes it hard to accept my true sexuality that I've denied all these years just to feel 'normal' and 'less broken'. As much as I've tried to force myself to be sexually attracted or like sex...I don't. I can't force it anymore than I can force myself to like men.

I'll might move to AVEN...who knows. Just want to let everyone know that It's been fun being here and I value all of you <3

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Safe travels, and may you find what you are looking for in life! (*hug*)

3. Candace

Thank you for your time and participation. You surely will be missed :slight_smile:.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

(*hug*):smilewave

5. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not asexual, but it has been my natural inclination. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I have a few ideas... You're certainly welcome here, but if you truly don't feel comfortable, then I guess you should do whatever works for you.

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand where your coming from, I been thinking I’m might be a Gray-Romantic, I have never had a crush in my life. I had relationships, but none of them lasted more than a year. I just get tired of the person( I know that kinda sounds bad) ….. Well, if you do leave, Good Luck!

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww...I liked your posts. :frowning2:

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Thank you guys, love all of you~

9. thekillingmoon

Sorry to hear you might be leaving EC. Good luck with everything.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There are plenty ace and ace-leaning people around! Myself included. Hope you stay, but I wish you the best regardless! :slight_smile:

P.S., I did also try aven... just not nearly as queer-friendly as I like. But that's just my preference.

Nothing wrong with being on two at the same time! :thumbsup:

11. TurtleCat

Well, it's your decision to make. But I have to say I'll miss you being around here. You always had something interesting and intelligent to say and offered a lot to the community. Take care.

#11 TurtleCat, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I might come back if I don't like AVEN, I'll have to see. I'm just confused right now, but I know I will miss EC since it was like my home.

13. TheStormInside

I'm sorry to see you go, Fallingdown. I've always appreciated your posts and felt we had a lot in common. I hope you decide to make your way back.

14. the haunted

Well congratulations on your new self discovery! :eusa_clap

I hope everything goes your way in life and you live happily and healthy. Hope to see you back here again! (*hug*) :wave:

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't want you to go :tears: but I guess I can't say or do anything to stop you from going and you actually helped a lot of people here it's sad that your leaving

16. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Personally i think realizing your sexuality can be traumatizing. So i wouldnt count it out that your emotional distress is a problem for your arousal. I would consider seeing a sex therapist, or a good therapist. because its extremely rare for someone to be asexual, and also, it Usually isnt real asexuality, but what i mentioned : 'a traumatizing experience, stress, depression, anxiety' which prevents you from progressing into your natural state. Almost like a roadblock

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

My arousal works just fine, I have a high sex drive and I enjoy it. I'm just normally not sexually attracted or even physically attracted to anyone. Sometimes I can be....if I've known the person for like 2 years or so, but It's still an incredibly rare thing

I do understand what you mean though. I don't know if my asexuality is real, or just frustration with 'hook-up' culture, because I want love more than sex. Much more. And when I like someone and I find out they want sex...I'm turned-off.

#18 Fallingdown7, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I noticed you also changed your gender.

Anyway, you have a home here, and who knows? Maybe I'll run into you while browsing that site, since sexuality is something that constantly interests me.

(*hug*)

19. Hexagon

Goodbye. Sorry to see you leave. I... don't really know quite where I belong, but it isn't in the realm of fully sexual either. There are asexuals here, so don't feel you ought to leave. But on the other hand, I can see why you might. Good luck wherever you might find yourself.