1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your dream house?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whereamigoing, Jul 22, 2014.

1. whereamigoing

Mine is a condo looking out over central london with my bff and the guy i like. wed have two dogs. one a golden retriever and two a specially bread dog called a direwolf from california based on the direwolves in game of thrones. it would have an office abd two bed rooms a kitchen/dining room and a large living room. it would be painted mostly earthy bowns a nice sky blue and a coral pink color with leather furniture in the living room along with a 75 inch flat screen witg whatever gaming console is popular at the time. the kitcgen would be super high tech with granite countertops and sub zero brand appliances. the whole house would be decorated with modern art. the bed rooms would be designed according to the occupant so lol. the office would have one wall painted chromakey for green screen effects and would ve otherwise decorated woth high tech conputers and editing equipment along with some shelves to di splay our nerdy collectibles. what would yours ve like?

2. Candace

It'd have to be in a select city like: San Francisco, New York, Paris, Madrid, São Paulo, Boston, or Chicago. It'd have furniture all from Ikea, convenience to the nearest train/metro station, around 800-1000 sq feet (since that's all I'd really need), and my boyfriend of course :grin:

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

some shitass hovel with a working air conditioner and a rescue pug

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though I'm about to propose my doctoral dissertation and have plans for a career in academia, part of me wants to say fuck it all and open up a bed and breakfast somewhere in the mountains or woods. It would have a garden and a hen house and I'd use the vegetables and eggs in my recipes. And there'd be lots of open space for dogs. I'd live in the innkeeper's quarters away from where my guests would stay so I'd have some privacy.

These are the things I think about when I'm stressed with school, which is always. Although I own the townhome where I'm currently living and it's pretty nice. Just a bit too urban.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cozy little cabin on a Swiss mountainside.

6. In San Francisco. The house would be a contemporary house with a green roof.

7. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A house that I have dreamed of that is achievable is a nice house near a small community where I work as a Midwife. We have 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a guest house. We also own a small farm with chickens, alpacas and goats and a huge veggie garden. I also have my dog and cats. Later when I retire we get more alpacas and have a small profit farm by selling them and their wool.

I can't really image living anywhere besides Australia, maybe New Zealand. I think it is becasue I have not left the country.

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It would either be a cottage or a castle somewhere in Europe. I don't want anything that is too big. I need something that is cozy and exudes warmth. It needs to be of a sturdy construction. For furniture, I'd most likely go with Scandinavian design. I don't want the appliances to be ultra high tech. I'd prefer something more rustic. I'd want the surrounding landscape to be around nature. I love plants so, it would be nice if I could have a garden. I want the whole property to be entirely self-efficent with eco-friendly engery powering everything.

[​IMG]

^^^ I know this isn't a cottage, but it has a fantasy-ish element that I like.

9. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A top floor apartment in Downtown New York City with huge windows, high ceilings and great views in all directions,.The building would also have a beautiful roof that only my apartment had access to, where I could barbeque and just watch the city from above.

Unfortunately, this will never happen unless I somehow become filthy rich

10. edgy

edgy Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Something like this elevated but near the south shore of kodiak

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its so wonderful!

12. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is, easily, my very favorite question. I love houses. :grin:

My main residence would be perfect. A three-story, cedar shingle-sided, orchard-adjacent corner of heaven. Huge kitchen with a commercial restaurant-quality range plus at least one wall oven (I bake. A lot.), walk-in pantry, dual dishwashers flanking a 3 foot wide farmhouse sink, my 72 inch dream refrigerator (as seen on Missy Elliot's episode of "Cribs"), a custom 9 foot by 4 foot butcher-block island, monogrammed flour-sack dish towels, a pot rack parallel to the island to showcase my kitchenalia collection, and an entire wall or bookshelves dedicated to display my cookbook collection. It would also have a library/office, a stone fireplace in both the master bedroom and the living room, and wide hallways with lots of windows. Warm floors, cozy couches, soft pillows, photographs of loved ones, and long tables everywhere.

I'd also like a small, contemporary apartment somewhere in Brooklyn. Think Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City - minus the sweaters in the oven. That's probably the gayest reference I have ever typed. I'm sorry. Anyway; This apartment is mainly for when is go to the city for business that couldn't come to me in my main estate. It could also be used by friends and family when visiting who needed a place to stay, or as a creative escape from the distractions of my home.

I've often dreamt of a European getaway too. Ideally some spacious and historical English manor house. With an AGA, a field of wildflowers for picnics and hiking, and a forest for exploring (my very own 100 acre wood - hopefully with turtle-shaped stepping-stones for crossing a brook somewhere...)

13. stormborn

in a big city, maybe tokyo or london or nyc or something. older looking, probably brick exterior. 2-3 floors. open, connected kitchen, dining room, and living room. very light and a very simplistic style. i like white walls with bright art and furniture. i also love geometric patterns/designs, so a lot of cool, geometric art and light fixtures. lots of neat bookshelves, too.

... just realized i basically described my cousin's house. well then. :lol:

14. the haunted

My dream home would be in the beautiful state of Alaska. It would be a secluded, cozy home on a lake with a lovely view of the mountains. I would have a couple neighbors whom I would share the lake with. There would be a clearing by the lake in which we'd sit around the fire and tell stores while roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

My actual home would be like a glorified log cabin. There would be a short set of stairs leading up to my front porch where you'd find a lovely double swingasan and table. Upon entering my home you would feel instantly at ease because of the dim, calming lighting and warm smell of vanilla.

In my living room there would be a chandelier made of antlers and a beautiful stone fireplace. The decor will be very lodge-y with hints of color. Candles, fluffy pillows, and cozy blankets everywhere. There would be a large bookshelf in which my well-read future wife will keep her books and such. I would have a wonderful suede sectional sofa that reclines all over. On the coffee table (that I built) there would be puzzle pieces from a partially completed puzzle scattered about. Maybe a book.

The kitchen would have one brick wall and the others covered in a dark red paint and quirky wall art. I would have a wooden kitchen table right next to a window that overlooks the mountains. At my table would be four chairs and one bench. All updated appliances. Granite counter tops. No ugly ass lighting either.

My bedroom would have the biggest, most comfortable bed money can buy. It would have a canopy with Christmas lights strung on it. There would be a fireplace and a cozy little reading nook. Attached bathroom.

My office will also have a window that overlooked the mountains.

Here, have some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all good and well, but honestly, all I want is a home to share with someone I love. That would be enough for me.

Sorry for the long post. I'm in rare form right now.

15. KazTastic

I'm not really all that ambitious. Just a modest 2-3 bedroom home on a reasonably sized block. Preferably with double brick construction and a gas stove.

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A central London townhouse - but I'd have to be a millionaire to afford one.

17. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend would like a legit Hobbit hole and I definitely would not say no to that.

Not my dream house, though. That's always been a two-story ranch house. Two bedrooms, a spacious living room with a fireplace, a library, a secret door behind a bookshelf that leads to my office, and lots of windows. Set on lots of acreage. Miles of riding trails. Plenty of pastureland for horses. A barn that's bigger than the house. I don't really care where. Somewhere in the country so that I have the space but probably close enough to the city that I can commute to work.

18. Julieno

It would be in a big city, as I am a city person. I would probably go with London or Madrid.

It would span over on floor on an skyscraper/building taller than the other buildings

A big living room with open plan kitchen and a window spanning the whole opposite wall for an amazing view of the city. Big bathroom with a big bathtub. Two of free nicely sized rooms and a toilet/second bathroom.

I think I need to start saving...

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very minimalistic needs. Just a typical and affordable American townhouse with a garage in the suburbs will do. I had a detached home once and it took up too much time, though the home itself wasn't particularly big. I don't want to fuss with gardening or any other exterior upkeep. There's plenty to do to keep the inside of a dwelling clean and in good shape.

20. PICollins91