1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you gay or just attracted to the same sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nisomer, Apr 21, 2007.

1. nisomer

For some reason, although I consider myself mostly out, I still have trouble calling myself 'gay,' even in front of people who know. I mean, I have no problem saying that I'm attracted to guys, or to say 'that guy is hot!,' but still find it hard to say 'I'm gay.' I don't know why this is, but I feel deep down maybe, the stereotypical connotation to gay does not really fit me at all, or maybe it's something else? I'm really not sure...anyone else feel this way?

2. My conjecture is that you probably dont fit what you would picture as gay. Im the same way i have no problem thinking that guys hot, but saying Im gay sounds as appealing as getting braces a second time. Awful

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. I still have that problem, however I fight against it. Sometimes I catch myself saying, for example, that I'm a "you know what"... funny but sad at the same time.

4. Im the exact same lol

5. Kimi

I know I like guys more than girls but I still like girls. So it's hard to say I'm bi since I like guys more but I'm not exactly gay maybe I'm bay or something. I usually not call myself bi or gay I usually say like I'm into men or I like men.
    I kinda feel like that I'm actually gay not bi, but something about being gay kinda bothers me so I call myself bi(Even I like girls I feel this sametimes)
    Maybe if I fall in love with guy(which never happened before) I'll know the answer.
    I just donno about this for now...

6. deliciouslysexy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think that you hit the nail right on the head with this post. i actually can relate to this. eventhough i am into women, i do find myself attracted to guys. i knew that i was not gay and did not feel comfortable describing myself as such.

7. Steam Giant

Being able to call myself bisexual has actually eased my mind greatly. To me, it doesn't matter how much I like either gender, I like them both, and that's what counts. Of course, I don't go around thinking, "how would a bisexual person react in this situation," and I don't fit the stereotype for your typical bi, but being able to call myself bi is comforting somehow ^^

8. Jim1454

I certainly have trouble saying 'I'm gay' - I kind of choke on it when I'm talking to someone about it. I guess I'm bi, as I was married for 9 years and didn't have any objection to sex with my wife. But now that I'm aware of it, and not denying it any more, I am definitely attracted to men rather than women, which is why I would think I would say I'm gay. Very odd - but that's the way it is. I guess everyone really is different...

9. Salt Flavoured Taffy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha. I have absolutely no problem saying that I'm gay, which is pretty cool 'cause I'm fairly young. =D

10. ampthejazz

That's how I felt a little more than a year ago.

For a while I had a problem calling myself gay, but now I have absolutely no problem with it.

11. Sanssouci

I wish there was some other word.. Homosexual sounds too medical and gay has too many connotations now; I have no doubt I am gay and not bi, but I still dislike the word

12. I agree especially since gay is substituted for almost anything in my school. Not that i care, but saying gay has too many connotations like you said

13. xxAngelOnFirexx

I have no problem with it at all. In fact i like it. I'm gay yippee!!! (!) be proud? :sunglasses:

I dunno, i used to hate it but now i celebrate my sexuality. I find nothing wrong with it. I suppose that's why. I think it's as natural as being straight is. (my dad told me once that he thinks i'm only gay because i want to be. i'm like no, dad, i didn't choose it, but i can still be proud") :eusa_ange

#13 xxAngelOnFirexx, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely felt odd for me to say it the first few dozen times but I never disliked or hated it. And now it's just like, "Yeah I'm gay... so what?"

15. SpikySpice

Me , too, now I can look at my dad eye's and say ' I am gay dad, waat u gonna do" lol