1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i was at the pub...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greeley, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Greeley

Thought i'd talk about this stuff with you guys.

So i was at the pub with my boyfriend and 2 mates that i see every month or two, its kind of like a thing we do now, its fun! And we ended up going to this bar in my town where the "young" people go. I know a lot of them, mostly from the gym or a friend of a friend type deal.

Anyway, it was getting to the point where everyone was getting a bit drunk. My boyfriend went to the bar to get us some drinks, he comes back and tells me that he was talking to a friend of mine at the bar and revealed that i was gay to him. I was surprised he didn't know tbh, i am friends with his brother and thought he would have told him. Anyway, so the guy at the bar ends up coming over like "WHAT, YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE GAY?!" not in an agressive way, just a shocked way, so i was like yeah i am haha and stuff, and he was cool with it and said if i ever was in any trouble, call him so i was happy about that. Then i'm guessing it got around the pub and had a few other people i know coming up to me like WHAT I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE GAY?! and i was like woah, really? nobody knows? haha But it got to the point where quite a few people were talking to me and the 2 friends i was with must have felt a little left out....

It got to the point where the bar was close to closing and my 2 mates said they were going to go, so me and my boyfriend left with them and they said "I thought it was best to leave that place, a lot of people were looking at you like they wanted to hurt you, whilst you walk home, ring me if you're in any trouble"

The thing is everyone seemed completely fine with me, i didnt notice the hostility at all. I have a feeling because it was packed and they felt left out they over analysed things and thought the worst. They are quite negative thinkers tbf...

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Seems like an alright night out, really.

They might be over-analysing, but maybe you missed the people that actually were hostile.
    Or they just didn't feel comfortable themselves.

Either way, so this is a pub story thread now, or just one for your own personal story? :grin:

3. Greeley

Its either haha, make it how you want.

All the people that knew me there that only just found out i was gay seemed perfectly ok with it. I asked my 2 mates who were looking hostile and they named a few people i knew the most at the pub so i really just think they were over analysing it. I know that my friendships with people are strange, we always say harsh things to each other but none of us mean them. ahaha

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way I see it, all the people you knew had positive reactions when they found out, and your friends that did know were looking out for you to make sure nobody gave you shit. Sounds pretty good to me!

5. duende84

I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago.

6. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just sounds like a typical english pub where word spreads fast and some people over hear and get a little up about it. I wouldn't worry about it, with drinks people often get a little miserable anyway.

Take the positive that all your mates were nice and accepting about it

7. Candace

I mean, would their reactions had been any different sober? I'd be surprised too if some guy who looked like he could beat me into a pulp said that to me. Maybe the others didn't feel like starting a fight and just kept their mouth shuts :lol:

8. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A few pubs & bars are like that round where I live some of the lads I was at school with I still see in pubs most of my old mates & friends are aware am gay & what Ive gone through .