1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love college (so far)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Let me tell ya!

So far so good. I made great friends and of course nobody cares one bit that in gay (as far as I know) I'm open and whatnot. (Mom still don't know, shh!)

It feels like a new home, I hope it remains that way. We even hang after school & whatnot. I never had friends like this, only just a few friends I'd see here and there.

Anyone else enjoy there college? I hope I didn't just jinx myself with this post, lmao.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so ... I'm not an English major but it's their not there :lol:

But anyway, I'm glad you enjoy your college :slight_smile:

I enjoy UNT so much. It's one of two colleges in a liberal town so no one cares one bit if anyone's gay. Hell, the thing here to do is assume everyone is bi :lol: But yea, I've made a handful of my good friends there. I love the environment there, the school spirit, and the people. I can't imagine myself being anywhere else. It is a school known as a stepping stone but I don't see it as that. It is my second home and, honestly, I like being up there whenever I can. Every moment I'm up at campus is a moment of pure bliss because that is the only place I feel like I can be myself :grin:

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    College can be the best times … go for it !!

4. Sabot Kitty

Awesome, mate!

This helps to ease some of them anxiety I'm having about college coming up... :X

5. Candace

I enjoyed college very much for the same reason. You have your own schedule, have the opportunities to meet and make friends with people who have the same interests as you, as well as study whatever interests you. It's not public school where you're forced to be there for eight hours a day because the government told you to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I was nervous too, especially since I live in a conservative area. People are cool here lol and it eases my stress a bit.

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

I live in a conservative area, I wish I can assume everyone is bi here lol

7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you're enjoying college! My senior year of undergrad starts in a month and I can't wait to go back. I love my friends, love my classes, love the environment. I actually miss having a set routine rather than sitting at home all day. I'm really close to my best friends--who also happen to be my roommates--and I never had anything like that in high school.

My cousin went to the same high school and, oddly enough, the same college and I overheard him say a few times, "I miss high school." My first thought was always, "I sure don't."

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now that I think of it, I should've said "Hell, there's a big LGBT population in Denton" as opposed to "...assume everyone is bi :lol:" :lol:

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I hope my post-community college education is like this. It is hard to really know anyone when everyone lives off campus and a lot of the students have children and spouses already, plus no LGBT club..... or any clubs really

10. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Enjoy, just keep your wits about you in the midst of all the enthusiasm! :slight_smile:

11. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @gay axolotl Most likely it will be. Community college is mainly comprised of people from a nearby city who gets the basics out of the way for cheaper than at a University.

12. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Ah.. I go to a community college.. And live off campus.. Still like it so far!

13. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad you're liking college so far.

There's going to be ups and downs in college, though. Trust me. You probably won't be enjoying college much when you have four finals to study for and three papers to write in a one week span. But enjoy it - it's a great experience.

14. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just started at college too, this is my second week :grin:

I really like it too. I'm not really out but it's a LOT more of an accepting environment than school was! and I really like it. And there are SO many different kinds of people.

15. miGhtyHann

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same way, I imagined coming to college would be an opportunity to meet a whole new group of people who were open minded about my choices but it's more of the same oppressive small-town shit I've been used to.:bang:

16. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I enjoyed college when I was going. People in college are a lot more accepting of everyone, that was the one thing I was worried about when I got out of high school. I will say I had a great time throughout my two years in college. It will fly by before you know it.

17. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

I'll be there for 5 years... Lol

18. tulipinacup

It's certainly a lot better than high school but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

19. I love college as well. For many of the same reasons!

I also love being able to pick what I want to learn about and always constantly be surrounded by people who are interested in a lot of the same things I am interested in. It's not just that I have friends, it's that I meet people all the time who aren't just friends of convenience--we're friends because we actually have stuff in common, not because we see each other 8 hours a day at school (like high school)