1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you gotten caught looking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever been caught checking out someone of your own gender for which either that person or someone who observed it was taken aback?

Yes.

I'd say about 10 times, total.

- 2 of them were in college. I could tell they were slightly uncomfortable.

- 1 was at a work related picnic. I had taken a girl who was attractive, but we were just friends. One exec in his mid 30s was wearing shorts and had perfect legs, but I looked away very quickly. I still think he saw me looking. I was about 23 or 24 at the time. He looked a lot like Ken Cuccinelli, but I never paid any attention to him around the office, that is until I saw him at the picnic. Sorry about the Ken Cuccinelli part!

- 1 was a situation where being near a 40-something exec at work who looked like Gregory Peck when he was young made me nervous, so the looking on my part was more skittish. However, since he was nicknamed "Hollywood," I think he intimidated a lot of people there, women and men alike, who were sort of in awe of him.

- the others would have just been on the street or while driving and I couldn't care less what the people thought, including that handsome businessman I would see on my daily commute walking to and from the train. He sensed the energy I was giving off ... that's for sure. One road maintenance guy was jackhammering the highway on the coast south of San Francisco and he was still looking, as in WTF, as I looked in my rear view mirror while I picked up speed after slowing down through this construction zone.

So, ever been caught reading the menu? Often? How did they react? What happened because of it?

2. Candace

Yep, usually in the library at our school where the computers face each other and you can see the faces of those who sit across from you. They've never asked "are you gay?" or the latter, but they make weird faces at me like "why are you looking at me, weirdo?" :lol:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah all the time. I've stopped midsentence to gawk at hot guys walking past.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aha yes. I've been called out a few times (what are you looking at?), and probably been caught a lot more times but they don't say anything :lol:

Most of the time people think I'm looking at the girl beside the guy, or I'm able to come with a good lie :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Sabot Kitty

I've never been called out on admiring anyone of any gender; I think it's because I'm so skittish and nervous normally? Or that I don't really do it all that much... XP

6. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I'm class 2 years ago there was this kid who wore only loose sports pants and he sat next to me and he had a boner was just THERE. So I tried to ignore it but took a glance and He caught me and I said nothing. Just looked him in the eye and thought "are you going to take care of that or do I half to."

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really, cos I'm pretty good at making it look like an accident, or as if I was actually trying to look out the window or something (like when I'm on the train). But I do love it when, on the odd occasion, some guy glances back as well. (At my age, I have to accept whatever trifling thrills happen to come my way with gratitude. :lol:slight_smile:

8. tulipinacup

I have many times but only because they started it first.

9. IceKunoichi

I have had that happen before,I saw this really pretty curvy girl at walmart and I think she saw me looking and I got really red.I try not to look because I always feel like they know XD But i still glance anyway.

10. Ravi-VIXX777

Caught? Yes, but not to the point they think I'm gay or that it is awkward.

11. QueerQueen

The only time I got caught when I wasn't out to people about my sexuality was in high school. I was sitting down in front of my lockers with my boyfriend. People were always walking around the main hall and I was kind of watching and he told me that I just checked that girl out (some girl who was walking by) he was kind of shocked, but after that we would always talk about what girls we found attractive and he would even sometimes talk about guys.

12. MatthewJS

im not really sure. I guess not. I have good reflexes before the guy finds out.

now, I can check out my best friend, who I am in love with, without him feeling uncomfortable. btw, he has barely has muscles and I don't care.

13. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its only happened twice, and one time, the guy was really super aggressive about it. I wasn't even admiring him or anything, was just curious how someone could be so muscular/hairy as I'm like a mole rat :3

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, plenty of times. There was one time where I was checking out this really hot guy as he was checking out a pretty blonde girl walking by.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2014 at 01:56 AM ----------

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Even if they're idiots politically, my fellow Italians never cease to be attractive!

15. returningflame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I kinda stared at this guy at a public pool in a theme park and then he left really quickly. He acted like me looking at him would give him AIDS lol

16. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really good at avoiding gawking, even when I want to, so I don't get caught. I haven't transitioned yet, so I check out girls more than guys because I feel like I can get away with it easier than if I were checking out guys.

17. Benj

Benj Guest

Yes. Twice. The first one is the foreign guy about my age I met in elevator after me and my sister go to see movie, I thought he's really cute and he began turned to look back at me, at that momment, it became very awkward and I turned away:icon_redf but I noticed from the corner of my eye that he still staring at me:bang:frowning2:what are you looking at dude???). The second one is just a guy I met in book store, I thought he was my old friend but he's not:eusa_doh: anyway I met a gay couple and they seem very happy with each other:eusa_clap

18. PICollins91

I've been kind of lucky and have never got caught. Always pretend I'm looking at something else, now granted it might look silly seeing a man at a magazine rack reading a Harper's Bazaar upside down but at least they probably don't suspect that I was looking at them.

19. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahem, well, a couple women have caught me looking at their cleavage :grin: That makes me flustered.

There are countless other times where I shoot glances back and forth at a girl in public, though I don't think it's anything they take note of until I make eye contact and flick my gaze over their body, then back up. That makes it a little more obvious, and I try to be careful about how often I do this, lol. It's mostly been at restaurants when I've done that. Sometimes the other people sitting at the girl's table will start looking at me (which may include turning around in their seat to peek at me) and/or when I get up to leave the entire table watches me walk out.
    It's kinda funny... I don't always mind getting caught, I'm pretty flirty :lol:

20. Proginoskes

I have only been caught twice looking at members of the same-sex, and I was not caught by the person who I was looking at. Both times I was caught by teachers, who oddly enough just giggled and gave me a thumbs up.