1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coincidence/everything happens for a reason/fate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beth, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Beth

what dya reackon to things like that?
    are u superstitous?

i was jst curious.after i wrote a thing sayin that the girl i'd been thinkin about shud jst get in touch cuz its drivin me mad..beep beep a txt lol.coincidence i'd say.

but on bigger matters,wot do u reckon?
    say if somethin bad happens did it really happen for a reason?

ppl tend to turn round and say oh yeh it happened for a reason...if theyve waited & some gd has actually come of the situation

i doubt i make sense a lot of the time

2. Trumpetplyer23

Weird stuff happens everyday. I don't know if it's concidence or whatever, but I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I'm also a firm believer in synchronicity (no, not just the Police album either). That, at any given moment someone is doing the same thing you are at the exact same time.

3. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I believe things happen for a reason. Dont know if I want to say everything.

Anyway, when I was going from Japan to New Zealand, I was gonna fly to Tokyo, then NZ. But I chose to go to Osaka, since it was cheaper. In July, I changed the return date to go back to Japan. I fly from Christchurch/NZ - Auckland/NZ - Japan. Air New Zealand rang me and told me that the Auckland-Japan flight time changed to a earlier time so there was no connecting flights between christchurch and auckland. So I changed it to the next day. I went to see my relatives in Auckland last week for a holiday, and I was talking to her that I should have changed the Christchurch-Auck Flight to few days before going to Japan so I could spend some time in Auckland. And this week, Air New Zealand rang me and told me that flight changed again. lol I didnt change the NZ-Jap date but changed the christ-auck flight to few days before. And then this week, I found out that my friends in auckland happened to be going on the same flight to Japan. Same destination, same time, same day. I think its funny how things happen.

Oh and another thing was last saturday night, I had a night out with my flatmates for the first time. My flatemates were suppose to go one a trip few days before, but since they missed the flight, they ended up not going. Went to a club with them, but mostly had to look after them since they were so drunk. lol I didnt really want to go out but I went. And when I got back to my flat, there was blood everwhere outside, and door window was broken and someone had got in to my flat. There was blood everywhere. Apparently some people who were really drunk from other flat smashes the window to get into my flat thinking it was his flat. He cut his artery in his wrist, when he tried to open the door through the broken window. Im glad I wasnt there when it happened. Should thank my flatmate for missing her flight. lol

#3 smilealways, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  4. partietraumatic

well i was always of the opinion that everything happens for a reason. I think its something to do with the way my mind works, but i try to analyse like everything that happens to me to understand WHY it has happened, and i nearly always come up with an answer. So i guess im a believer in the whole cause and effect theory thing. Though i think i might over analyse things at times to an unhealthy extent....oh well!!

5. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I like to think that stuff happens for a reason. I joke about it obsessively by saying "...somebody doesn't want me to eat this sandwich." when I was walking back to my dorm room at like, 4:30 in the afternoon freshman year.... about an hour later my friend asked if I wanted to go out to dinner with her (I wouldn't have otherwise if I wasn't hungry) and she left the university the next day and I haven't seen her since. If I had eaten that sandwich I wouldn't have gone out with her and had an awesome time. (!)
    I also like to sit around and think about what stuff would be like if I made a different decision. In theory, I'm a supporter of the idea that for every choice you're presented, whatever choice you don't choose creates an alternate reality where you chose that one.... like, if you're deciding on what you want to drink, water or tea; in one reality you choose water, but in another which is spontaneously created by this choice, you drink tea. I only think about this because it's entertaining for me... I like to think what would happen if I did something different.

6. Alex

I believe well it's hard to explain.
    It happens because it does, and it is coincidence when weird stuff etc. happens.
    Though the choices we make, like Joey above, which drink he would have chosen, i believe that if you had chosen the other drink... you would have gotten another drink and nothing more, but if it happens that if you choose another drink and something "happens" it is coincidence, because it might or might not have happened if you had chosen the first drink.
    I'm not sure i make much sense, but generally i believe that nothing is chosen for us (except obviously stuff like genetic disposition for diseases, thats explainable from a biological standpoint) but no "over-natural" or stuff like that.

7. Beth

have u seen the film Sliding Doors? not really the best film in the world but the concept is gd.its jst like that

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't believe that "everything happens for a reason".

That said, I do believe that we can always continue forward from where we are, no matter what happens.

Lex

9. myra

I'm a believer in fate and that everything happens for a reason. I think alot of things are destined to happen whether you want them to or not. Then there are the aspects of your life that you can control. I think the two kinda go hand in hand because there is always a reason for something to happen, whether you realize it or not.