1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People To People Student Ambassadors.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RobbIsFlyyy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. RobbIsFlyyy

I got my letter today frmo this program, and let me say, it's awesome.
    I've done some reading, and they take American Students on a trip during the summer, and allow them to give people in other countrys a better idea, and new opinions of Americans.
    It's a really good program and would look AMAZING on college applications.

My question? Did anyone else get the letter or has anyone already been?

I'm going to the meeting on October 9th in Johnson City, Tennessee.
    It probably costs out the asshole, though.
    About 7 grand is what I heard.

Anywho, I'll sell my body on the street corner to go.
    They're going to:
    Zurich, Switzerland.
    Vienna, Austria.
    Rome, Italy.
    Paris, France.
    Versailles, France.

I'm def. going.
    I'm dyingggg. Ahhhh! Can't wait.

2. Daniel

I get junk from that organization all the time.

My suggestion, don't do it. It costs too much and one doesn't get the actual experiences that they say you do.

I would suggest checking out Rotary Youth Exchange. You go for not even half the price and can stay for a full year. I did it and it was amazing. Copenhagen, Berlin, Stockholm, Prague, Vienna, Geneva, Venice, Assisi, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Verona, Avignon, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, just to name some of the places you might know that I went. And I learned two other languages, went to a school in a foreign country, and actually gained a new perspective on life. It's worth checking out.

3. Trumpetplyer23

I went on one and it was pretty expensive, as Daniel said, but it was a very good experience.

I went to the UK and Ireland, which, being from a small town in Ohio, is perty darn cool.

The leaders weren't too great and some incidents (that I won't go into 'cause it would take too long) made me lose faith in them, but as long as you don't have them you should be fine on the leader angle.

4. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

5. sdc91

I got that letter, too. Quite a few of them, actually. Every year. I never did it, but I know 2 people who have. They had a lot of fun on it, and if you have the money and don't want to do a study abroad you could give it a go.