1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are some people very attracted to shy people ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jul 24, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I often hear some girls say they love shy girls and are attracted to them and if they are out going they will find shy girls hot or even cute what is it that girls like about shy girls ?
    Is the mystery ?:confused:
    If your a guy you can answer too doesn't matter your sexual orientation .

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like shy girls normally. I am more attracted to the outgoing ones as I am usually the shy one. LOL.

3. Candace

I guess it's because it's a mystery for them. It's fun to figure out someone and what they're like (my reasoning). You know, hard to get, that motif?

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

hard to believe

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely like shy girls (though dating one wouldn't be practical until I get more confident)

I generally prefer more outgoing girls, but shy girls (as long as they're not painfully shy) are sweet and often make me feel more confident and less shy.

6. Tetra

I like shy girls, partly for the challenge of getting them to let you close to their heart. It's also partly because once you get to know them, they're usually really sweet and easy to be around/talk to.

7. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

I've been sitting here for a while trying to think about this. I don't know, I'm not sure I would ordinarily go for a shy girl but then I suppose maybe I might. I wouldn't say that whether someone was more shy or outgoing would be a big factor in whether or not I would be interested in them I don't think. If I like them, I like them.

Painfully shy bordering on awkward is difficult, because I'm quite quiet around people I don't know well anyway if there's someone there that is really really super shy then they can be incredibly difficult to talk to and that would be better for someone who was more outgoing and finds it easy to strike up conversation with strangers. I don't know. Other people have posted about mystery, there's more mystery and getting to know them with a shy girl but that's not true, you can be really outgoing but not be an open book. I really don't know

8. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish this was true. But people just usually see shyness as a form of weakness (which is bs),

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What people usually mean by that isn't full-blown shyness. They mean someone who can be perfectly social with slight and often somewhat affected delicacy or awkwardness.

I rarely find that people actually mean someone who's unwilling to engage with others or has social withdrawal. They usually mean subdued flirting, and I don't think that qualifies as genuine shyness.

That's not to say that people aren't interested in genuinely shy people, just that what many people define as shy doesn't really count in my books.

10. Yosia

I have had a lot of people call my shyness cute. I dont see whats attractive about it though, i would rather have someone whos confident.

11. Madgoddess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here. But I have social anxiety, and often panic and say nonsensical things, which a lot of people find funny.

12. Closetedslock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When it comes to girls I don't really have a type. But shy girls are sweet maybe because I'm kinda shy as well and feel less expected to do outgoing crazy things with them. Not that outgoing crazy things Are bad

13. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know it's not easy being shy in the first place.what other people see in being shy could be innocence in control of a relationship .

14. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

In recent years, there's also been a rash of books and movies that make shyness and some social awkwardness attractive. I have social anxiety, and I'm attracted to outgoing and shy people for different reasons. With outgoing people, I know they'll be able to think of something to say when I can't. With shy people, I know they'll be able to understand when I seem uncommunicative because I just can't think of anything to say. Introverted people are also more likely to understand that sometimes I need quiet time to recharge and it has nothing to do with them.

15. PrettyConfused

It's usually more of a challenge to get to know shy people and to discover their personality. I think this journey to get to know that person partly makes them more attractive.

16. hoodie boy

People are attracted to shy people so that shy people (myself included) don't hurt themselves trying to approach a potential partner.

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer shy people in that I can much more easily relate to them. Not sure how I could use the adjective "hot" in this preference, though, hmm..

18. Christopher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LOL I'm about three steps beyond that. If I could be described as "painfully shy" it would be an improvement!

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Damn it, Aussie792! :lol:

Going off what was quoted above, I find shy people appealing for the simple fact, they tend to be some of the more interesting people. Sure, other personality types can be interesting, but a shy person, it's almost as if their potential isn't being utilized. For someone like myself, when I sense potential, I have a habit of wanting to awaken it. I suppose, in a way, this makes me almost an aspired nurturer towards shy folks.

20. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shy girls are very cute. ^^ I don't even know how to explain it... I guess shy behavior is just amusing. Especially when girls are shy around you 'cause they like you. XD

Also, shyness is sometimes seen as a vulnerability, and makes people want to protect the shy girl. Plus the way really shy girls act... the way they talk and the things they do because of their shyness. And when they blush. ^.^

Ahaha, I'm probably not explaining this very good... :lol: