1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever feel like you're missing out on relationships with the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thekillingmoon, Jul 25, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

Was reading something on the internet today and it seems that straight people think we're missing out on heterosexual relationships and feel unfortunate for not being able to have them. I'm curious if anyone actually feels that way.

Personally I don't feel that way at all. I don't see how heterosexual relationships are better than gay relationships, aside maybe from the fact that they're accepted by everyone. I've gone on dates with guys in the past, and even though I never had a real relationship or sex with any of them, I sort of got a preview of what it would be like to be in one. I actually found it depressing trying to imagine being straight and dating a man. I think love between two women is beautiful and it would be unfortunate to never experience it.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    me too, its just a relationship with someone of a different gender, dont see a big deal really, except the acceptance part, would take a guy or a girl any day personally

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I feel like I'm missing on relationships with the same sex, but not the opposite.

4. Candace

Nope! I'd prefer to avoid a situation in 20 years where I realize that I was lying to myself and should have been dating guys instead of girls. That's why I decided to come out when I did.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nope, I'm not attracted , if I were with them I would be wasting my time

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2014 at 12:01 PM ----------

Felt the same way

7. thekillingmoon

Haha same here. If I could only find a woman to date, I wouldn't trade that for any hetero relationship.

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I love how I am, even if that means more judgment and it being harder to find a partner. I dont feel like I am missing out at all; what could a hetero relationship offer that I couldnt have? Misery? I have wanted to adopt if I ever wanted kids since I learned how pregnancy works, so I dont miss that either. I can not even entertain the thought of dating a man.

9. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

No, simply because I'm not attracted to them so I don't feel like I'm missing out on something if I wouldn't enjoy it as much in the first place. As well as the fact that I never dated any boys either, so you can't really miss something that you never had.

I've never heard of people thinking that before though. I wonder how they would feel if queer people said the same thing of heteros, that we thought they were unfortunate for not being able to have gay relationships and that they were missing out. Probably the same as most of us feel. But of course, I'm forgetting that we're a different species so obviously we will feel differently about these things than they will

10. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I'm missing out on relationships full stop. Let alone straight relationships which don't sound as good as gay relationships to be honest. Opposite gendered people can often misunderstand each other.

11. One Man Army

Ditto.

I wouldn't be happy in a relationship with the opposite sex - and neither would she - so the only thing I'd be missing out on is a shallow and meaningless relationship that has a 0% chance of succeeding. So nope, I don't feel that's something I'm missing out on!

12. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel so little connection with people of the opposite sex that I don't feel like I am missing out on anything at all. Now if I could just have a chance with people of the same sex I would be a lot happier in my personal life. It's pretty lonely being by myself year after year. Unfortunately I don't think people find me attractive or interesting.

13. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't think that... we all have combinations of traits no one else can offer... just be yourself, do things you like (within reason, of course) , and it radiates...
    We often don't see what we have, our strengths, because it seems so normal...

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely not! I know I'll have as much awesomeness as any other typical relationship with a guy, but I could never have that with a woman. Nothing against women, you're great as friends, aunts and all that, but not for a serious relationship. I can't wait to have that awesomeness! :thumbsup:

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. My sexuality is a large part of what's defined me. I don't think that the ability to have relationships with women would do any good. I have plenty of friends who are girls; I don't need to sacrifice my happiness and sexual needs to enjoy the company of and be friends with girls.

16. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Nope not at all I'm gay and I won't go out with anyone of the OPPOSITE sex ever again. I am who I am and those who aren't ok with it can go F*** them selves! :slight_smile:

17. PICollins91

No, I don't. And if someone asked me in person, I'd have to ask them if they ever considered the feelings of the woman in the relationship. Because what they would really be suggesting is I lie to her about who I really am and build a relationship on said lie.

18. CupidBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very well put! :thumbsup:

20. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Women are more understanding, can relate to what were going through, and Its great to be in a relationship with them.