1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so what does gender fluid means?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I had no idea you could be such thing so how does it work? Does that mean that I'm both gay and straight at the same time? Because when I feel male I'm gay right?and when I feel like the female does that make me straight? it's so confusing

And wen I feel like a female should I dress like one? People should treat me differently depe?nding on the day?

2. Hexagon

Someone whose gender changes. One day they could feel female, the other male, another agender. I suppose the person's sexuality label would change with it, but I presume the actual target of that attraction would remain the same. In other words, if the gender fluid person is attracted to men, they'd be gay whilst male, straight whilst female. It might be easier to give themselves a label not contingent on their gender, though, such as androsexual.

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Since I identify as Genderfluid, it just generally means my gender changes depending on a variety of reasons e.g. Mood, who I'm with, etc. I use gender neutral pronouns (they, them) and masculine pronouns too since I lean more towards masculinity.

How you label yourself is up to you but to make things easier for yourself, maybe just be content with using queer? As an all around answer. And how you want people to treat you depending on the day is up to you as well. It's perfectly fine to declare, "Today, I wish to be addressed with only feminine pronouns." You're still you at the end of the day.

With me, I'm genderfluid but when it comes to romance/sex, I'm male at heart so I'm a panromantic, demi-pansexual transman. So to avoid saying all that, I just say I'm queer.

4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, romantically I feel like a woman, sometimes I feel like a man but not that much. It's weird because most gay guys don't like the companion of the female that is in my brain

And obviously straight guys don't like me either because I don't look like a woman

#4 edy, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  5. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I get what you mean. I've been crushing on gay guys lately but unfortunately, they only want the D...it's kind of disheartening in some ways since I'm biologically female but romantically/sex, I'm male. :confused: Love is complicated.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, contrary of the popular belief most gay guys are masculine and like the companion of a masculine guy as well... which I'm not

And straight guys attracted to femininity like women (bio or not) that really look like a woman, having the personality of one is not enough.

I wouldn't like to become more masculine but I wouldn't try to become a woman either

7. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Yeah, I doubt I could go the whole nine years to be a guy. Like I enjoy being feminine on the rare occasions that I feel it but being male here *points at heart* is something I'm fine with. I don't think I need anything else to make my partner happy...besides they are welcome to buy a strap-on...

I actually talked to this cis-woman one time that was attracted to Genderfluid people and it really touched me. :3 I think I'd probably fall for another genderfluid individual because they would have been through the same things I've been through.

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it's like I'm a woman in my mind but I don't feel my assigned sex or body is wrong. I like being a woman in a guy's body, I think transgender people feel trapped but I don't

It's just that I don't think I fit (romantically) in the gay or straight world which sucks

9. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm the same and I have no problems using the female toilets...I think I would totally ogle if I did go into the male toilets. X) I think the only thing that makes me feel trapped is my chest...but I think a binder will help.

That all depends on who you're attracted to..perhaps you're bisexual?

10. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know, my whole life I thought I was 100% gay but after I made a research of the vast sexual diversity I'm no longer sure. I'm not attracted to women but I don't know I've been single my whole life that maybe I wouldn't mind dating one who doesn't care about genderfluid people

And at work seems like being genderfluid is a little bit of a handicap. See, I want to be an actor but the roles they provide to me really get me down. I've always thought that women have the most juicy roles to play, they never give them to me

11. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hmm..perhaps you're pansexual then? I used to think I was lesbian but I knew couldn't withdraw my attraction to men so then I thought I was just transgender...and well, it's an on-going process. Just remember that sexuality is as fluid as gender.

Have you told them at work that you're genderfluid?

12. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope, I didn't know I was or that such thing existed until yesterday when I asked people on here if they thought I might be transgender... would it make a difference?

13. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

It would make it easier I would think. Be sure to explain to them clearly about your gender identity and how you want to be treated, and what jobs you would like to get. Perhaps they didn't give you the ones you wanted because they didn't know?

14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you can define yourself as whatever you want.

15. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    In the drama club I hate playing male characters, I like to think of me as "an actress". But in my daily life I like to be referred as a guy

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as your happy.

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Genderfluid means in a state of flux between 2 or more genders. They might feel male at one point but female later in the week. You could say you go back and forth between being straight and gay, but it would be a lot easier to label as queer.

18. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

Is genderfluir the same as queergender?

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Genderqueer just means that you don't identify exclusively as a man or a woman. You could consider yourself neutral, or to be somewhere in between the two binary genders, a third gender entirely, or genderfluid. So genderfluid is a type of gendequeer.