1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The irony of us homos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by -Michael-, Sep 3, 2008.

1. -Michael-

The obvious irony (bisexuals not included :dry::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

The lesbians like girls, the gays like guys.

So we don't have THAT in common.
    Yet we get along famously.
    So we and straight people don't share that in common either.

But the majority hate us.

how ironic...

:lol:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would change that to a few minority hate you. I think more people like you than don't. That has been my experience. Sometimes its even more just a lack of understanding rather than "hate". That's why its so important to live your lives openly and let people know the real you.

3. -Michael-

We're conditioned to understand its the majority...

...but its just my opinion

4. Beth

i'm a tad confused

5. -Michael-

Okay so gay and lesbian don't have the common interest of liking the opposite sex...
    but we get along amazingly...

Homosexuals and heterosexuals also dont have the common interest of liking the opposite sex

but we feel that the majority dont like us...

6. Beth

ive never felt heterosexuals hate me
    thought it has jst made me think that ive started to get a lot of gay friends but that would b cuz of the places ive hung out maybe

7. -Michael-

:dry:

Just me who see the irony then?

Great...

:dry:

8. Beth

nah maybe i'm jst missin sumthin lol
    theres a few gay ppl that dont particularly like me a gr8 deal.dont think its anythin to do with their sexuality (except in the case of homophobic ppl)
    i'd be miffed to find out someone liked me,or disliked me, on the grounds of my sexuality

9. -Michael-

....:frowning2:

someone just delete this :dry:

10. Beth

nahhh nah just cuz i cant see where ur comin from doesnt mean someone else wont come along & say shut up beth lol

11. don't worry michael, i can see the logic behind your thinking. It just sometimes seems like lesbian + gay = perfect friendship, and sometimes there is a little tension between heterosexuals and homosexuals, but most incidents i think are to do with misunderstanding, i don't think many people actually HATE us, hate is a very strong word...

but i do see where you are coming from though....

12. -Michael-

13. jazzrawr

Wow, that is a bit ironic isnt it? XD
    I guess lesbians and gays know we're not going to hit on each other...baha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But we do have something in common, seeing that we're both part of a minority. :slight_smile:
    We understand each other :slight_smile:

14. riddlerno1

i understand what u mean! lesbian & gay however do share similarities so im guessing thats why get on great.

15. Bookmarked

I can see your reasoning, and it's certainly sound from a theoretical point of view. However, I think the key lies in personal experience.

The reason why people tend to get along is shared experience. Some link to those weird and strange people that do things so differently. Say, for example you're at a party. There's probably a little social mingling going on, but they're groups here and there. The reason why anyone is with anyone else and not standing alone in the corner with a drink and being a sad-act is because people have some sort of common ground to talk about. The goth kids can compare chains and piercings (ignorant me, no offence meant). The emo kids can compare eyeliner. The geeks can share D&D jokes and make saving throws against alcohol, while arguing whether it should be a consitution of fortitude save. People need to have -something- to share, or else there's just silence.

Now, with gay men and women, it's not as simple as "Hey, I like people my gender" or and stuff like that. You try going up to a lesbian and say "gosh, isn't cock just the greatest" and harping on about how much you like guys. It probably won't make for a great conversation. However, the common ground of what we have is that we're a minority. A minority that is sometimes abused by a majority. You know what they say: "Adversity breeds strength" Well, I guess you could tack on "Strength breeds unity" or something. So maybe that's why-we have common ground.

On a side note, I seem to remember reading a reason why gay men find company in straight women and things like that. Something about how a female can understand why someone would go for men, being desireable for all that. Maybe that's why straight guys like girl on girl? Gah...confuzzled. People are complicated.

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing unites like a common enemy. And let's face it - our enemies are PRECISELY the same people. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. spencer

spencer Guest

Most of the straight girls at my school like the gays and there is a lesbian in my engineering class and all of the straight guys in the class are cool with it. However, most of the straight guys don’t like the gays and the straight girls don’t like the lesbians.

18. oh yeah, oh yeah... go le-ex, go le-ex *dances* :lol:

(!)

19. gutsrie

it's also sad to see when gays bash on bisexuals as well because they should understand more than anyone what it's like to be hated or disliked.

20. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, that really annoys me too.

It also annoys me when LGBT people bash other groups or whatever such as different races. We know what it is like to be on that end so should know better.