1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tips for getting a boyfriend in high school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fallensun21372, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Fallensun21372

can any one giv me advice on getting a boyfriend in high school? im really nervous and i can use all the advice i can get!

2. CharlesFP

limerick PA About 1 hour from Philadelphia
    Hey gaywolf looks like your pretty new here.

To be honest there is no easy way to get a boyfriend in high school. My only advice is not to start a relationship just because the other person is also gay. I just had a 6 month relationship shatter because the only thing we had in common was being gay. Find someone you can see yourself with in the years to come not just the weeks and months.

Good luck and happy posting!

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Don't rush into it but i don't know how you could find a boyfriend unless he's also closeted because I assume being in a closeted relationship is hard. Don't look for *him* and you'll find him when you least expect it :slight_smile:

5. Fallensun21372

wow thanks :') tbh i wish you could too

6. Candace

First of all, I think that you'd have better luck by posting this in the Support board, under General advice. You'll get more accurate help that way :slight_smile:.

Second of all, I think that you should go find people that share similar interests. Perhaps there's an LGBT club at your school (I know that there was one in mine, but I never went to it). That having been said, go see if you like any of the guys there via similar interests. You never know :slight_smile:.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He beat me to it. Owen had some good insight on this.

The best advice I can give is that when you're not looking, that's when some magic can happen. I made a friend in the first couple days of high school and a year and a half later, we were a couple and we've been together ever since. You never know if/how it will happen.

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    For me it's almost IMPOSSIBLE

Gay guys at school are already taken, or closeted, or not interested or you're not interested in them

And the vast majority of guys are straight

9. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh god, DO NOT DATE SOME GUY BECAUSE HES GAY. BAD IDEA.

This happened so often at my high school, the openly gay guys would always date one another (maybe about a whopping 4 or 5 of us Lol) but did they ever work. Of course not. Not only was it mostly based on one commonality, the relationships were even less likely to work than straight couples who had a better chance choice wise.

Obviously, have fun where you can get it. I cant say I really knew anybody personally that way gay in my high school. Erm not quite true. I shared a class with another, VERY flamboyant gay guy and I wasn't. He plain out asked me if I was too "because you look so smart, you look gay" Give that man a banana. I told him I was, I regretted it; made school, not a nightmare but juggling act depending on whether I was with straight male friends or less close female friends who would less likely reject me (Friends aren't friends if they don't accept you, but its high school and every friend counts).

Obviously if you can find a friend whos gay too, that helps. Doesn't mean it has to be a relationship. I wont lie I did have a properly nice open chat with the guy above, but still he betrayed me. :***:

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT DATE A GUY OR ADMITT YOUR GAY AT SCHOOL BEFORE YOU COME OUT AT HOME. OFFICAL WARNING :slight_smile:. THINGS GET SO MESSY :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Or worse. Two closets do not work.

10. edgy

edgy Guest

1) know your standards
    2) think of your future
    3) don't focus on getting a bf