1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kageshiro, Jul 27, 2014.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Have any of you ever truly felt as if you can't do anything right? I ask because I strongly feel this way about myself on a regular basis. These feelings aren't based in depression or any other irrational line of thought. It's just a natural reaction to my inherent physical inability to meet any standards set by myself or others in nearly anything, no matter how hard I try. On the off chance I do succeed in something, either I feel like I didn't really earn it or I screw it up soon after. I've never met anyone else so challenged by so many things (from sports to school to work to games to music to basic socializing and the list goes on) other people seem to do effortlessly. So I'm curious if anybody on EC has either felt this way about themselves or known someone else who has. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if I were the only one, though I can't imagine that I am.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt that when I was younger I was bad at sport and my school work was terrible but I developed after school I developed customer service skills and learnt how to play a musical instrument. I believe that you have a undiscovered skill that you don't learn at school. Don't give up.

3. Kat 5

When that happens, I just use a CANT STOP WONT STOP approach to my goal.

4. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

I feel like that all the time. I think it has something to do with my tendency for perfection. It is normal that you always know you can do better, that way you will always try to do better. We don't have to be awesome in everything, don't be so hard on yourself and go slowly. The most important thing is that you sort out your priorities, other things can wait.

5. Candace

I did at one point, but then I realized that complaining and feeling sorry for myself wouldn't make the situation any better. So, I kept going and never stopped.

6. Hiems

Yeah there are things I should never touch period because it's impossible for me to do well. I have horrible hand-eye coordination, so sports that require it are just not for me.

Instead, I do other physical activities that I am decent at (or at least are do-able, lol).

7. Jason29

Maybe its you giving yourself pressure by setting yourself such high standards to meet. Instead of trying to overeach why not set yourself smaller goals to achieve and once you have those goals you try something harder. That way you will gain experience and you wont feel like your failing.