1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any lgbt people that wish muslim countries weren't ignorant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish ignorance can be cured bc there are muslim youth that are hiding bc they're scared, the quran supports lgbt but sadly a few don't see it that way . :frowning2: the Hadith are full of rumors and fake and favors men . While the quran the true source favors everyone and every thing .

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

I'm pretty sure most people (of any orientation) dislike ignorance in general.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes , I have .

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I know how you feel.. I am so sick of ignorance.. Homosexuality isn't going anywhere.. I'm not going to suddenly see men as beautiful creatures who I wish to give my complete life and love to.. unfortunately I can only ever feel that way for girls and who do they think they are to tell me that what I feel is wrong or immoral. What I feel is BEAUTIFUL.. It is pure and it is NOT a sin. Honestly some muslims should just go f**k themselves. Same for any other country that has a problem with us gay people.

Now.. back to doing my hair and makeup.

5. DannyMvp

DannyMvp Guest

Of course. I wish people in every country in the world would not have all this ignorance and therefore hatred towards LGBT people. Just treat us as a straight people with all rights that straight people have, including marriage. Sadly, people in my country of origin are very negative towards us, LGBT people. That's why I feel sorry for my fellow LGBT citizens that have no chance to live a normal lives that straight people are enjoying there. The problem is that ignorance is very hard to overcome when it's being kept in a secret and no one even shows the truth. Even if truth is being shown, ignorant people don't believe in something that is new and completely opposite on what they are believing. They were taught that homosexuality is a sin from their childhood, which makes that dogma so strong that it can't be changed. Only public awareness on that issue can break that barrier. That's what happened in the West for the past few decades. Since the middle of 20th century it's a huge improvement. Before that the situation was the same with modern Middle East. Christian majority had the same strict dogma on homosexuality. It was even worse in the West since it was considered a mental illness. But then that wall of ignorance got cracked by all those efforts of LGBT movement for equal rights. It worked perfectly in the West, then why it can't be applied to those parts of the planet where homosexuality is still considered taboo?

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only read the Koran once, but while I agree that Islam in general can accommodate homosexuality, I think it's stretching the truth to say that the Koran is explicitly or even implicitly pro-LGBT.

Ending homophobia in the Islamic world is difficult. Not only do extremist groups get the benefit of screeching "Western decadence" at any mention of the subject (groups like Boko Haram base their entire existence on anti-Western values), it takes a lot of work before that; building up education and reducing poverty and instability so that education can happen in the first place, so people can get basic facts about it and have the stability and literacy skills to be able to come across those facts and understand them. It's not something that can be done by shoving a glittery Koran in front of people and telling them to be progressive.

There's a lot that can go wrong in trying to help. The worst thing that can happen is trying to jump in and save the day from outside; that alienates people and fuels even more extremism. But I'm writing thinking of somewhere like northern Nigeria, so that's not going to be good enough somewhere else. There's so much diversity in the Islamic world; you can't provide one solution for Chad and expect it to work for the Muslim community in Istanbul. I don't think that it's very productive to lump the situation together and try to work with something so general.

#6 Aussie792, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it is pro lgbt dude u gotta interpret it right, with lot's story it's about greed,rape,sex trafficking etc all the things we have today

8. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Oh, How I wish that was true.

9. Renge

Quran supports on lgbt? Never heard of that.. Can you tell me which part? Which hadits?

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I don't support the Hadith bc it's fake and bc the quran states in lots story it's about rape,human trafficking ,greed, prostiution .

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just Muslim countries? Surely you jest.

But if we limit our focus to Islam, it might also help for people to look for moral guidance outside the Quran. There's a whole world of information available that isn't invalidated just because it doesn't come from a 1400 year old text. There's no reason why someone can't develop a sense of right and wrong by interpreting content from all sources, not just the one most important to them.

#11 Argentwing, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  12. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

One thing I've never understood is how you can get government supplied SRS for free in Iran, but homosexuality is punishable by death. What's up with that?

13. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    bc there is tyranny in Iran

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't support the Hadith they're fake and I wish I can say the evidence here but moderators won't allow it

15. twosoups

Living in Kuwait right now. Yeah, I feel really bad for the poor people born here as lgbt. It must be a very hard life.