1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most awkward coming out experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Jul 30, 2014.

1. kosygin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi:

By now you you probably already know that coming out can be one the most liberating journeys you'll travel. You can finally lift the burden from your shoulders and live your life true to yourself and as you really are.
    But sometimes coming doesn't quite go the way you would have liked it to go.
    Maybe they just don't get it or they go running down the hallway screaming at the top of their lungs.
    I think everyone who has come out or is in the process of coming out has had at least one experience that didn't quite go as planned.
    So what's yours? Any humorous experiences?

2. Candace

I had to come out to one of my college buddies on campus, who was from Mexico. He was cool with it (and I told him everything in Spanish). Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to do so in a Cuban restaurant. :eusa_doh:

3. justme94

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose for me it was to the girl I was attracted to.
    I was trying to hint to her that I had feelings (and although you could just TELL she was into girls, she didnt say anything to anybody so I was like well does she?)
    Anyhoo, she obviously couldn't take a hint. So she listed so many guys names until I finally got tired and had to tell her, that it infact, was her. She was like "uhh what?" And then tried to bluff my way out of it saying I was joking when it was blatently obvious I wasn't lol. Fortunately the feelings were mutual :slight_smile:

4. justjade

I told one of my managers at work, and she just kind of smiled and then went about her business. I think it was more awkward for her than it was for me. Of course, I'm not so sure it was so much coming out as it was informing her because I was in a particularly good mood.