1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle jealousy in your same-sex relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Jul 30, 2014.

1. kosygin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seems that even in the best relationships the green-eyed monster Jealousy can be lurking around the corner. So how do you handle jealousy in your same-sex relationship?

2. Hexagon

I don't think I'd be prone to jealousy. I don't see how it's different to any other relationship, though.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't--I'm not jealous and it would really bother me if someone else was.

When this topic comes up I always think of an incident from relatively early in our relationship. I was out with friends without my partner and there was this just beautiful guy there--well my friends one by one made the approach and were just shot down in glorious flames. So anyway I decided I was going to show them how it was done. So I approach this guy and we kind of hit it off--I explained that I was in a relationship and nothing was going to happen but then went on to tell him that it would absolutely kill my friends if we made out a bit. We did--he was actually a great kisser--my friends died inside and I went home to my husband to tell him all about the funny evening I'd had. Well, apparently one of my husband's friends was there and decided he was going to stir up some trouble. So anyway, he tells my husband that he saw me making out with this beautiful guy at this bar. My husband's response: was he really that good looking? The friend: Oh yeah, just beautiful. My husband: Oh, OK because he told me the guy was really attractive but sometimes he exaggerates a bit.:lol:

Anyway, I guess the point is that my partner and I love each other and trust each other. We're completely honest with each other and are both secure enough not to be threatened.

4. kosygin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great story!

5. AKTodd

My partner and I have never had an issue with jealousy. We'll tell each other about any hot guys we see around but the issue of one of us potentially going for another guy has never come up.

My partner's ex cheated on him a lot, resulting in them breaking up. Later he contracted AIDS and died. I've no desire to give my partner a repeat of that.

Todd