1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Birthday is coming up soon!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mr D Gamer, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Mr D Gamer

Hey guys bit of an odd one but my birthday is very soon and I'm going to be 18! Finally becoming an adult so I should probably be more responsible like one. All of my decent friends are going to be with me this weekend and we are having beers and playing games together and it sounds amazing. Plus I have tons and tons of presents coming up and hopefully nothing to major but anyone who is 18 or over that has read this maybe feels a bit like me: I see this birthday as a chance to take one last look at my childhood memories, all the fun experiences, trips and school events that made me mature over time and become what I have today. Also there is a lot of hype surrounded with being 18, I know that I will be of the legal age of consent in the UK for homosexuals also which means I can be bi legally also which is very exciting. Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts on this.

As a fun extra to this thread, just wondering what your favourite present or gift that you have received ever is? I'd rather you say why but you don't have to.

My best present was definitely the entire set of James bond novels, because I love tales of espionage and the discretion and professionalism involves with being a secret agent, plus I used to think I actually was bond and would climb around my house and watched several of the movies every day if not week throughout my childhood.

2. PICollins91

Well let me be the first here to wish a fellow Bond fan an early Happy Birthday!:thumbsup: Hope you have a great day and it sounds like you will.

This might be odd but my favorite birthday gift won't be here until Saturday actually, the Blu-ray box for Twin Peaks. Again I know it's odd to pick a gift I have yet to actually own at the moment but this has been my holy grail since I got a Blu-ray player, especially with both the movie Fire Walk With Me and it's never-before-released deleted scenes. A lot of fans didn't think those scenes were going to see the light of day.

Yeah, those Bond novels are classic although I didn't read them until much later on after seeing the movies, I used to pretend to be Bond as well (especially Roger Moore's Bond who was my favorite growing up) which did get me in trouble a few times here and there.

3. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Happy birthday!
    I think the best present I ever receive is money. I can do with it whatever I want, and people usually give you more money than the present they would've gotten you was worth!