1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous/shy around cute guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Jul 30, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

Do any of you (gay guys) get uber nervous/shy/awkward around cute guys? It happens to me all the time. I avoid making eye contact, pull out my phone and pretend to use it, and look around (hoping that others don't notice me checking out the guy when I get the chance to quickly do so).

What do you do to make it less awkward around guys that you're attracted to? Being gay can be so tough sometimes (since you just can't hit on a guy without knowing if he's gay...)!

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it happened to me today. I knew he was gay because he was inside the LGBT center and flirting with some of the guys at the computer stations, but he was in his young 20's or just older than 18. He was attractive, but I didn't want to feel like that creepy guy. Sigh.

3. PICollins91

I'm really only shy and reserved when my Mom is around but when I'm on my own I'm pretty much outgoing to an extent. Although I do have a bit of a "business first" attitude most of the time, treat what I came there for like a mission so I don't spend too much time eying anyone unless I'm waiting or killing time, then I'm pretty good at hiding my emotions unless they make eye contact for more than a few seconds then it's off to blushville.

4. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I get that way... Last summer I had to interview someone during my internship, and I don't know why, but I just expected him to look not so attractive...and I was wrong. He was young and fucking sexy. And the way the interview was set up, I basically had to interview him the second I saw him. Luckily the interview was very laid back and casual, but still, it made things interesting.

But anyways, as for what I do when I get like that...really, I just do the best I can to ignore the fact that I'm attracted to the guy and focus on the task at hand.

5. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You sound exactly like me. I'd be in class looking outside the door to make sure no one's looking, around the classroom and quickly take a glance. Or in public, use my phone, look around a couple of directions (one of them being at a cute dude) and look back.

Almost nothing worse than getting caught checking out another dude.
    I usually feel my face heat up and blush talking to cute men. :bang:

Only reason I'd be awkward around them is because I'm awkward around most guys. Most of my friends are girls so I only know how to properly be myself around a girl.

#5 heyguyswhatsup, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea i do, not a lot of em notice it though.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *strictly tongue-in-cheek*

As an official spokesperson for Cute Guys International, I urge you all to not be afraid of approaching us...we could be attracted to you but are probably just as awkward and afraid to make the first move as you are! :grin:

8. confuseduser99

Yup... That's exactly like me! From not having many guy friends, to looking around in directions (one of which is looking at the cute guy).

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2014 at 01:32 PM ----------

HAHAHA! So how do you make that first move? I don't know if I'll ever be able to be the initiator. I feel like all the cute guys I like are straight, or just won't be attracted to me if they're gay (because they look so fabulous to me... Like I'm out of their league).

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey you're a cutie why would you be nervous approaching other cute guys. Why wouldn't cute guys want you, you're fabulous. Here a hug for a cutie like you (*hug*).

I have no idea how to make a first move with talking too a cute guy but I think a simple hello make a good start.

#10 CandyKing, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  11. Silas

I get this way too, the more good-looking they are the more nervous and awkward I get :lol:

12. confuseduser99

Aww, shucks! Thanks :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2014 at 05:58 PM ----------

Hahaha, me too! It gets so bad sometimes. Like I can feel the awkwardness oozing out of my actions and words...

13. BornAnew

Yeah it sucks doesn't it! The worst thing is I send out really bad signals if a cute guy even looks at me or makes a move LOL. Apparently I send signals that turn people off according to my friend. I think it's a mixture of nerves and surprise at attention.

I hope in time we'll all become more confident as guys we might think are cute might be goin through the same thing haha.

14. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate this feeling, I can either be super confident and I try and just make long eye contact and smirk at them. Alternatively I will try and look away constantly but I try and make sure I put one some smouldering deep thinking look incase they look over hahaha

this is pathetic, I can't believe I told people I do this haha.

15. BornAnew

LMAOBALLZZZ that's hilarious!

Either of those things work yet?

I never know what to do after someone responds with a smile...I feel like sipping the drink and hiding behind the glass cus its embarassing!

16. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The look just makes me look like I am crazy eye staring at people ahahaha, and the clear gay face modelling makes me look ridiculous. I obviously don't get much back but it's all I have so I am working with what I have haha.

If they look back and smile I assume they maybe feel like I'm a little special and just smile back, I then play it hard to get and don't look back haha. Chicken out.

17. BornAnew

Yeah all we can do is try our best with what we have!!!!!! Maybe you should combine the strategies? :roflmao:

Yeah then its like who is gonna make the first move...and it takes a lot to get up or to walk that distance. Especially then to find they might've been smiling at someone behind you all along! :eek:

18. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahaha someone behind you, that would be bloody awful haha. Sometimes I do a little like shuffle, as if I am going to get up and make a move over just to see if they take a little move toward me?! see what I mean haha?

19. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but I do get nervous around handsome guys, especially if they have a youthful beard.

20. BornAnew

omg yeahhh!! Ideally people would meet you in the middle right? (I mean that should be the hakunamatata philosophy of life!!!). Though sometimes doing awkward shuffles might make people think you have bad constipation :grin: . I've tried like walking but then chicken out half way and diverted to the safety of the bar (or toilet...although its not always all that safe lmao!)