1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do/did you spend your summer vacations?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maracont, Jul 30, 2014.

1. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Ill start us off:
    Mine are a bit different than I imagine most are. I sit on my computer in my room, never inviting friends over. I reflect on the actions i've taken, and use the abundant time with my thoughts to improve my opinions and understanding of myself and others.
    For example, this summer started with a basic understanding of my gender, and of gender issues in general. Over the summer I have thought a lot on the nature of gender, as well as our role in society as a whole. Now that the end of summer is near I have concluded that I don't have any dysphoria of my body, I just happen to reject the restraints of gender as whole. I've also changed (through the brute force of exposure) the way I feel when I see a person who deviates from what I've been trained to think is visually acceptable.

I think I've improved myself and my views quite a lot this summer, and that's been the accomplished goal of every summer for the past 3 or so years.

So, post below how you like(d) to spend your summer vacations!

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I JUST LOVED! YOUR STORY, i did the same really except going to camp, talked to friends online, i first thought i was like you i thought i had disphoria, but the things i dont like about my body are pretty normal and discovered i might be demisexual

3. LiquidSwords

I graduated uni early summer and since then I've been on and off labouring with a friend, with plenty of rugby in the evenings and some weekends. I've managed to find a tan with all the outdoors labouring and got a lot fitter with rugby and running and cycling and gym, so I guess it's been ok!

About to go on a family holiday to Zante which should be interesting!

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I spend most of my time on the computer or playing games but I usually see my friends a couple times every month. Most of the people I know leave town for vacation though so it's difficult, my family can't afford any vacations besides a quick 3 day trip to visit family. I've been trying to exercise more and get better eating habits though. I'm trying to work on myself too, and become more confident, so hopefully this summer won't be a waste. I live in a really really hot town so it's sort of impossible to leave the house during the summer.

5. SomeLeviathan

In previous years my family and I would spend a week at the beach. Unfortunately do to some health concerns and poor timing, we weren't able to do that this year. We spent some time at my grandparent's camp though.

Currently I'm reading a lot, listening to podcasts, playing with my kitten, and watching TV. Looking forward to uni in the fall

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the past 4 years I've worked for every summer and this one is no different! I usually give myself about two weeks off over summer. But because I've got a new job I'm not allowed to take annual leave until October. Which means a I'm stuck in an office or on a building site, missing all the summer fun! Haha!