1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long have you been on EC? and other questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Jul 31, 2014.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long have you been on EC?

My answer: I'm been on since January 2013. It's hard to believe it's been over a year and a half.

How has EC changed since you have come on?

My answer: It's grown massively. The mods are also less strict they let things go more. I remember like 1 in 5 threads got locked but now I rarely see it. I suspect that the two things I've mentioned are linked. More threads to moderate.

What's your impression of EC?

My answer: It's impressive how the moderators have managed to create a "troll free" space . And this website has supported me a lot. Although I think that it's not quite as understanding since the traffic has increased and I perhaps worry that if this website becomes huge then it maybe become less understanding still.

2. Hexagon

How long have you been on EC? Since May 2011

How has EC changed since you have come on? The monolingual policy. New mods. New people.

What's your impression of EC? It's nice. People are largely supportive of trans people, or at least willing to learn. Bit of bi and transphobia, though. I'm also fond of the odd political discussion we have here.

3. photoguy93

I've been on since December of 2012 (I think... It's been some time!)

EC has grown a lot... I feel like there's more people. However, I've been wanting to post something like this for a bit, just never got to it. EC was such a great place for me. I loved discussing topics and feeling like I connected with folks.
    However, I cut back drastically. I started to feel, within the last 6 months or so, that everything I said was met with backlash or received nothing at all. I started not posting things because I didn't want to start anything. Maybe I just saw things wrong - that's very possible!

My impression is that EC can be a great place if you want support. Once you're past that, it can be a bit more difficult. I hope things get better - I want it to be happy and supportive!

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My answer: I've been on a few years. Took a few month hiatus, but I'm slowly coming back to the point I was before.

My answer: Lots of more understanding about trans* people and the situation surrounding that entire topic. Place has become a bit less firey since I last was here.

My answer: Great place for instant support (which is good, that's what it is, first and foremost. Nothing about that has changed, and that's good). Some people on here can be quite stubborn (including myself), and if you want to debate, you're definitely going to have a debate. However, do try and learn something from it though, because there's definitely merit behind both people's arguments (unless of course, one person ends up being homophobic or transphobic).

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been here since July 2013

How has EC changed since you have come on
    Yes there were very few lesbians and bisexual women here and now there are a lot more of them

.It's a great place to help you come to terms with your sexuality and accept yourself ; But like Hexagon said ,there is a lot of biphobia and transphobia , another thing I've noticed is people who have different opinions, or express opinions that the majority does not liked are either silenced or called out of their name . It's not really good place to express your actual opinions here if it 's not like everyone else
    Majority rules here and if your not like it you will be the nail that gets hammered down and you will be silenced or people will try to silence you and make you feel like shit for having an opinion .

#5 stocking, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Joined in May of 2013.

I think EC has only changed in the different mods and the new people as time goes on. I'm sure Hexagon and Photoguy can relate to this about being a long-termer is that your favorites leave EC-voluntarily or otherwise-and new favorites come along and the process repeats. I looked back at some of my old posts from when I first joined and I've changed quite a bit. I'm a lot more open and accepting to a lot of different people and I'm 100% more mature, 1000% wiser and 1,000,000% more experienced since back then. I think a year of college might have played into that a bit as well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My impression of EC? I've made so many friends here and a few (Namely Greatwhale, BryanM, and Tightrope to keep the list brief) have become like family and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that. The best thing about it is the community feeling. There's one other LGBT forum I post on with any sort of regularity (and I use that term loosely) and while the rules aren't as strict, there's so much obnoxious flirting. While there are a couple people that met their boyfriends here, it's nice that you can compliment but that we're not a dating site.

EC has helped me keep my sanity through some ugly family situations and its members and staff have given me support in hard times and not judgement. I don't remember what it was that I was searching on Google that brought me here, but I'm damn glad I did. I'm kind of looking forward to what they're going to do for EC's 10th anniversary this November.

#6 AwesomGaytheist, Jul 31, 2014
  7. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    August 20th, 2013. That's the day I joined.
    I've been here for almost a year now.

I've seen members leave or become less active.
    For example, I haven't seen Bryar Thorne or ElliaOtaku lately (although ElliaOtaku has been active this month), and GivePeaceAChanc left a couple months ago.
    And what happened to DesertTortoise?

#7 An Gentleman, Jul 31, 2014
  8. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been here since November 2011

This site has really expanded, coming out and other advice was all lumped together. The new set up is more useable

I enjoy the site overall. It's become an outlet for me even if I don't post as much as I used to

9. Jason29

How long have you been on EC? Since May 2014

How has EC changed since you have come on? New people.

What's your impression of EC? I like the fact that people have been through some of the issues I am at the moment and can offer help. Its a good place to be.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since the date shown at left. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. timo

I've been here for more than two years now.

Apart from old members disappearing (Owen, where are you?) and new ones joining, I remember the old lay-out of the forums, with a lot less subforums. This new lay-out is such an improvement.

Yeah, EC is nice. I like to just browse threads, throw in a reply every now and then, hang out in chat once in a while. Even though I, in well over two years, haven't met many I would consider friends (I know this sounds bad and I'm sorry).
    I sometimes wonder how many on here have off-site contact with other members, but that's an entirely differeny question.

12. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Time has gone by fast, joined in August 2012.

I havnt really noticed much changes except the forum titles have changed around a bit. Iv also noticed that a few "bad" people have been banned which shows that the mods take no shit, which is good.

Its a very good, well run site that allows people to connect. Iv met some awesome people on here. The perfect place to meet people and get good advice.