1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u take of a wild baby rabbit in ur back yard ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had this baby rabbit in my back yard for weeks now and my mom won't let animals in the house ugh desi moms , so how can I take care of the rabbit ?

2. LD579

Maybe you could take it to a vet or animal adoption place and they will be able to handle it? Unfortunately, the only way to guarantee it'll have good care is if it's taken care of by someone who knows what baby rabbits need.

3. BornAnew

DESI MOMS LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Awwwwww the rabbit sounds so cute!!! Yeah call a animal home or animal help services :slight_smile:

4. Data

Data Guest

Give it a carrot. :3

5. Hexagon

Make a shelter, and supply the rabbit with food and water regularly. Rabbits eat plants, so I'd try things like celery, carrots and lettuce. Google their diet for better recommendations. You might also try milk, given that mammalian young live on the stuff.

If the rabbit is injured, take it to a vet, but I don't think it's necessary otherwise. People keep rabbits all the time.

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    she said not letting them in but not keeping them out haha. just feed the poor rabbit something, it might go back into the wilderness eventually

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom put the sprinklers on ugh I'm afraid it died of shock idk if it's there and how can I take it to the get if it won't let me touch it ? It runs away from me and my dumb brother tries to bother it and I slap him .

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have several rabbits in my yard, I feed them lettuce, and leave it out in the yard for them , I leave little pieces for the bunnies. I've been feeding a family of rabbits:icon_bigg

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    romaine lettuce?

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It doesn't really matter what type of lettuce , they'll nibble on it just don't put a whole head of lettuce out you got to take them part so they can enjoy eating it .

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be a little cautious with touching or feeding the wild baby rabbit. Its mother could be nearby. For a while, my parents had rabbits in their backyard, and it happened that only the little ones were seen, while the mother was hiding. You don't want to touch it, unless you are absolutely sure that it is abandoned or has no mother.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is true , I don't ever touch the babies I just feed them by leaving food out for them to eat , I will watch them from afar but I would not touch , because I know the mother and father are there because I've seen the mother hopping around the yard a few times so this is great advice . Don't ever touch the babies .

13. Budweiser

Feeding wild animals creates dependency. After you stop feeding it, it will wait outside someone else's house waiting for food that will never come. How will it know any other way to feed itself? If you feed it you will condemn it, leave it alone.

#13 Budweiser, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    but I always wanted pets and I love caring for little cute baby animals :tears:
    ok I'll stop I'll try but I love them, I think of them as my babies too but I don't want them to die:tears:

#14 stocking, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  15. Candace

I agree with this. Imagine that it does get out into the wilderness again. It won't know how to fend for itself or feed itself and will starve to death as a result. It's best to just leave it alone.

16. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

how little we talkin here?

most people that get "pet" bunnies leave them outside in a cage all day until they get eaten by some predator, this one has a good chance at managing for awhile especially if his momma is near by. Don't stay up too late worrying about if they got a good meal or not, they're crafty :>

17. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about the sprinklers ? We're talking big about baby like it can hop and everywhere it stays in our backyard the most for some reason and there is no mother I keep seeing baby hopping around . I'm worried bc I'm careless I let my mom turn the sprinklers nd grass is wet .

18. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, animals are pretty good with sensing danger to them, and will stay clear or avoid the threat all together. Even if the grass is wet, and the rabbit hopes around, it should be fine.

19. BelleFromHell

I agree. While the idea of feeding a wild animal may sound cute, I don't think you should.

When I was a little girl, I vacationed in the Palm Bay area of Florida every summer. While I was there, I got to pet manatees in a lake. Right next to the lake was a sign that read "DO NOT FEED MANATEES. THOSE WHO FEED THEM WILL BE FINED." There was a very good reason for this. Several boats ran through the lake, and if the manatee becomes too dependent on people, it won't even bother to move out of the way. I'm not sure if any of them were killed that way, but almost all of them had major scaring on their backs. Despite this, a family would bring lots of lettuce and feed them (I think they even convinced me to feed them at one point). Lucky for me, I wasn't caught, and I don't think they were, either.

So, what I'm trying to say is, people who feed wild animals usually have very good intentions, but the long-term effects aren't so great.

20. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank u