1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn't make sense...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by writeawaytheday, Sep 4, 2008.

1. The older, I get the more and more I hear people talk about being gay. I think its just natural, a lot of teens question themselves.
    In my school its different- basically overall there are three categories that people fall into:
    1. The ones who flaunt that they are gay/bi and then are completely homophobic
    2. The homophobic people.
    3. The gay/bi people/accepting people.

But everyday at least 10 times I hear: gay, or fag.
    It's not like I didn't expect people to be unaware of what they are say, its just it amazing to me how many people are so immature.

That isn't the only thing though- the new thing that I hear is, "turning gay"
    Like for example: "I swear one day he/she is going to turn gay"
    I don't know it just aggravates me.
    Is anyone else's school like this?

2. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes yes YES. It completely stuns me how many people throw those words around ALL THE TIME. The group of people that ride my bus home are the worst. "He's so gay." "Shut up, YOU'RE gay." "No, you're gay!" "Why are you so obsessed with others being gay, are you looking for a potential boyfriend?"

I just don't understand it... at all.

3. sexyalex

4. jazzrawr

It's the same at my school. It's:
    "That class was SOOO gay."
    "Hey, homo!"
    "You look like a fag, stop it."
    "Stop being so gay!"

It pisses me off soo much. >.<

5. Oh, yeah. Don't forget "Haha, he's such a pansy."

It surprised me in that article, that gay insults are second to weight. Of course, it may just be that my school is full of so many super-skinny people that weight insults aren't used because they just don't apply. (Not that gay insults usually do, but you know what I mean, right? I'm too lazy to explain myself further.)

6. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm also surprised at the mention of weight insults being number one... I haven't really heard any since elementary school.

7. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Theres not a day that goes by that i don't hear "gay or "fag" at school.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here. The regulars on this forum might remember that at the end of last year, I kept a count of how many times per day I heard "gay", "fag", "dyke", etc. used as an insult. The most I got was 30-40 instances in one day.

9. Noah

I babysit two boys, and they are always calling each other gay. They are 8 and 10. It's pretty sad... I try to teach them not to say it, but I won't tell them what it means until they ask their parents. (I'm out to their parents btw)