1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public displays of affection.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brodie, Aug 1, 2014.

?

Do you show affection in public?

1. Yes, I do most signs of affection openly.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Kind of, I do some

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. No, I don't do any.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not very good at public displays of affection, I always consider who is watching and I don't like the idea of starting any trouble because my actions have instigated someones anger.

I do however like to hold hands if we are at a table for dinner, I like to connect like that. If we are in a movie I will probably go to hold your hand and although I wouldn't make a big deal out of it I do kiss if I think we are hardly seen. I have never had any issue but I was wondering. Do you display any affection in public, what if you do, and if not why?

2. Hexagon

I've never been in a relationship, but I wouldn't be opposed to displaying signs of that relationship openly if I were in one. People who can't stand to see a bit of hand holding or kissing really need to get over themselves.

3. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it would be a lot more helpful for some people if same sex couples weren't afraid to show affection in public. I for one would find it comforting, and I'd feel a lot less isolated. And homophobes just need to sort their shit out and get used to it, really. Because it's not stopping any time soon :slight_smile:

All in all, I find it no different to straight couples that are everywhere eating eachothers faces off XD If a gay couple want to kiss, so what.

I don't display any affection to anyone in public because I don't have a girlfriend. I am a loner :frowning2: But I would if I had one XD

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    idk really i have never been in a relationship that allowed this but i might agree with brodie on this

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    PDA has always made me a little uncomfortable on both ends. If I were with someone, I probably would be iffy about being affectionate in public. I am a very private person and this attitude stems mainly from that. I wouldn't want to feel like I am putting my private life on display. There could very well be a shame aspect to it since, I've pretty much always have worried about people making assumptions about my sexuality, whether they be correct or incorrect.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not like we make out in the grocery store, but my partner and I hold hands, hug, kiss etc. in public. As I think about it, it's apparent that we are together pretty much whenever we are together--we will often walk with my hand on his opposite soldier and will occasionally pull each other in closer for a sort of side hug. I guess I don't really think about it. I've never really understood the aversion to mild PDAs like that--like the world is so full of affection that we all see too much of it?

7. SomeLeviathan

I'm comfortable with hand holding, the occasional hug, or a kiss hello/goodbye. Outside of those I'm not really into PDA.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I am more impatient with showing the world that kissing a partner is normal. No one else will do it for us! We need to be out there in public (if "there" is relatively safe) and not be afraid to kiss or hold hands, to the same extent as those in hetero relationships enjoy.

You never know, but it is likely that if you do engage in PDA, someone who is still in the closet will notice you, and believe me, he or she will remember it. I remember vividly each of the few times I saw two guys holding hands, walking...I remember feeling a combination of warmth, and envy...

9. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I noticed when I went away to mainland Europe that PDA seemed a lot more common than it is here in Ireland. It's rare to even see a same-sex couple holding hands over here, which kind of sucks. I don't think I'd be up for much PDA if I was in a relationship, but I guess that comes with the guilt and shame I feel for being gay. In the future, I might be more up for it.

10. tulipinacup

I really like holding hands. When my ex-lover visited me in our country for the first time, we held hands on the bus and covered it with his jacket since people here aren't really comfortable with the LGBT community when it comes to PDA so it was a little risky but it was one of the most amazing thing I've ever felt in my life.

11. justjade

I'm a huge PDA person, evidently. I don't consider myself a romantic, but my husband tells me that I wait until we get into a store or something to start hugging all over him and kissing him. In my defense, we still don't have a couch to snuggle on while watching TV. :lol:

12. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I'll simply not let being in public stop me from making acts of affection at all, with the possible exception public sex (Although I've done that before). :grin:

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the primary reason I've not engaged in any would be that I have no one to do it with, but..

PDA with other people make me feel jealous and uncomfortable.
    PDA involving myself feels extremely awkward and uncomfortable.

I would so much so rather keep something like that entirely private. Even the small stuff. Also just not a big touchy-feely person..

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Aww thats cute :slight_smile:

I haven't been in a relationship but, I would hold hands, if someone attacks us for it.. I'd knock em out.