1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you and your same-sex partner have a "special" place.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. kosygin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    During the dark ages of same-sex enlightenment it was imperative that a same-sex couple maintain their relationship in total secrecy. Exposure could lead to disaster -- particularly in high-school where one breach of cover could lead to humiliation, ostracism or worse.
    It was during those dark days in high school that I met Frank. And as we became closer, we realized that our relationship would be long and enduring. Maintaining our cover became a full-time chore and the fear of discovery was ever present.
    Frank and I loved to hike through the wooded hills that surrounded the valley where we lived. During one of our sojourns, we came to a small clearing atop one of the wooded hills.
    It was just a small grassy field surrounded by blackberry brambles and spruce trees. But to us, it was a world of privacy. And it became our special place -- a place where we could be true to ourselves and our desires.
    And though it took nearly two hours to hike up to that small clearing, we returned there often, for we knew we would be safe from the judgmental world below us.
    And sometimes Frank and I would sit on the nearby bluff and peer down at the tiny houses that made up our town and wonder why people considered it so wrong for us to feel a certain way about each other.

#1 kosygin, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. patric

patric Guest

My secret place was his apartment. I was terrified to meet up anywhere - just in case someone I knew would see me with a guy.