1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to your doctor?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Aug 1, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

Going to the doctor' snow. Is it a good idea to tell him? I'm not sexually active, nor have I ever been. Nevertheless, is it I portent to give him a heads up?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It certainly wouldn't hurt

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you plan to become sexually active in the future, yes, it would be good to tell the doctor about it. Your doctor has also taken a Hippocratic Oath to confidentiality with his patients, so as long as you don't give him permission to tell people about your sexual orientation and activity, he cannot do that under the impression he could be barred from being a doctor ever again.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

If you felt it was important, sure. But that goes with anything. I have to come out, being trans, to any doctor or health care professional I'm seeing. And honestly, it's only because I feel it's relevant to any treatment I need. I'm a queer male born female. That'll affect what care I receive or need.

With being gay, probably. I mean, because if it concerns what kind of sex you're having, that'll affect different parts of your body and it'll affect the language your doctor might use when he's talking about your sex/married life, which will help for sure.

5. Silas

I told my doctor too. It was mostly cuz at the time I was dying to tell somebody and I knew he would keep it confidential so I just kinda forced it into the conversation, lol

6. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it's not relevant to your medical condition the no. Otherwise yes, he wouldn't be a very good doctor if he judged you.