1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Curse of the Miscaer's

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

i asked my father what my heritage is on his side is, so he called my uncle to find out. since its my family, i had to sit through a bunch of crap i dont really care about before getting to the point. but this time i found out something interesting, that i thought i would share.

dating back to the mid-17th century(first ancestor came to new amsterdam in 1647), my father's family has never a succesful marriage. all ended in divorce or death.

the most exciting was moses massiker(a civil war vet) who's wife paked her bags, left and, because the women in my family are far from "normal", burned down the house. shes my favorite great-great-great grandaunt.

all i can say is :roflmao:

totally explains ALOT

and i turns out im: english, dutch, german, norwiegen, scottsirish, irish, native american, and french :slight_smile:

2. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's always fun to hear about your family history. We were going through family photos once, and we found one of a great-great uncle when he was about my age, and he looked exactly like me. It was kind of freaky. Unfortunately, my family history (as far as I know) is pretty boring. I wish someone in my family would set fire to a house or something.

3. gutsrie

wow, those are some interesting facts. maybe that explains your crazy side. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and what's more amazing is having a pedigree that goes back so far (to me anyways).

i would like to know my ancestral family history as well but my culture is a bit different because we don't traditionally have a written language so there would be no way they would have kept track of it.

4. pwnorton

my dad's side of the family is entirely danish. i have a great-great-great-great-great grandfather who was royalty in denmark. so i've got blue blood in me!

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 100% German Mennonite, my heritage is as boring as can be...