1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, Aug 2, 2014.

1. robotman

Hey everyone, basically something really strange has been happening lately (past 2 weeks) with my dad... I told him around October last year that I was gay but lately he has been acting like I never told him. He keeps saying stuff to me like "when am I going to see some grandkids?" and "you need to go and get a girlfriend", etc :help:... I am really confused about it all and just laugh it off when he says it but its like didn't you take it anything I said to you, maybe he is in denial about it all. I spoke to my mum and sister about it and they have no idea what to say about it aswell...

Have any of you gone through something like this? If so what did you do about it?

2. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's odd, perhaps you're not in a same sex relationship yet and he thinks that you're confused or something, perhaps he's still in denial and hopes this is just a phase.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I get that too. I once and for all came out to my mom a few months ago and she is living happily in Denial City. Still talks about when I meet a guy and have a husband. I just smile and agree. I don't want to get in a fight about it. It's just not worth it to correct her. Eventually when I meet someone, I plan on being more vocal about it.

4. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That must feel horrible. Mine doesn't talk about it anymore, I'm sure she's realized that I am gay and not going to change.

5. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

It's no picnic in the park but I deal with it. But I think deep down she knows. Whenever I tell her about a new tv show I like she always questions me. "Is it a lesbian thing? Is the actress/character a lesbian?" That gets to be really annoying. Being on here helps a lot! If I could just get the guts to join my local LGBT group it would be great.