1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships with opposite sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Have you been in a relationship with opposite sex?

1. Yes.

49.1%
  2. No.

50.9%
  1. Lukas17

As we know a lot of us are struggling with problems but have you tried to deny your sexuality being in a relationship with opposite sex or you even didn't know then you're interested in same sex?
    If you were doing that do you regret of "not being yourself" and would you change it?

2. justjade

I am perpetually in a relationship with the opposite sex. However, I only like being in a relationship with a person of my gender. I like guys. As far as relationships with people of the opposite gender, no, I've never done that.

3. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I could go back in time I would never date a girl...at least the girls I did date. Wasted a year and a half with them unhappy, that's time I could've spent out the closet and as happy as I am now

4. BelleFromHell

No, in fact, I'm the only lesbian I know who's never gone through a "straight phase." It took me awhile to admit that I like women, but I always knew I didn't like men.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had relationships with the opposite sex , I kinda regret them now because I wasted my time with people I was not attracted to and I could have been with people I actually liked .
    But then again I was so deep in denial I didn't even want to admit I'm lesbian back then

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Had a girlfriend at college.

7. PICollins91

I never have and wouldn't do that, I would feel too awful about it not just hiding myself but in a way building a relationship on a lie.

8. BornAnew

Yes I was from the age of 15-17. It was with a childhood friend.

It was mostly long distance though as even though we were in the same town it was hard to meet up (or I said that to myself as I was afraid meeting up would mean I'd have to act like a real boyfriend). We became very emotionally close throughout this relationship though so 'breaking up' was still hard.

I finally came out to her last year and since then we've become best friends. So I'm happy with how it's all turned out :slight_smile:

#8 BornAnew, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. thekillingmoon

Sort of once. I didn't think I was a lesbian at the time, I thought I was bi.

10. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have literally found out today a guy (my gaydar spoke) I went to school with, a year younger, turns out to be gay. I knew he had a GF a few months ago and though...well maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't. Horrah.

sadly know he fills his Twitter with #gay #boyfriends

#ohfuckoff

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I was in a relationship I kinda used her as a cover I felt bad.....but she cheated on me /.\ so I stopped feeling bad haha cx

12. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I never had any interest in dating a guy, even before I realized I was gay and when I did, I knew I could never pretend to be straight. Unfortunately I felt the need to try and be straight last year. I met this guy, he was really nice and we got along but when nothing happened in the way of romance I knew that I would have to finally accept who I was. I am glad we never became involved. It would have been unfair to not only myself but the guy as well.

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes, i was with a woman for 24 years and i have the teenager to prove it. :lol: i didn't come out to myself till this spring.

14. SomeLeviathan

my sophomore year of high school I dated a woman for 5 months or so. I lost my virginity to her. I wasn't in love, our relationship was OK for a while, but got bad as some personal life stuff happened and I couldn't deal with it.

It did solidify that I'm not gay and can have relationships/sex with the opposite gender and enjoy it.

15. littlemonster11

I have been in a relationship with a guy, yeah. It was my only relationship, really. I didn't have a crush on a girl the same time we started going out, so I didn't use him to deny my sexuality. It was after I got over my girl-crush.

I went out and took a chance with him because I wanted to have some experience in the dating world and because I really did like him. The only thing I do regret is letting the relationship overwhelm me as much as it did.

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in a relationship with a women back in my freshmen year of college. Honestly, I was indifferent about being in a relationship with a girl. I mean if nothing else, it solidified that I am gay as being in the relationship gave me little to no romantic feelings at all. The feeling I got were more of one I would have for a best friend.

17. Delta

I had relationships with guys in Junior High. Do those even count anymore? I'm in college now, and I've had triple the amount of time dating girls. :/

18. the haunted

I've been in relationships with guys, but I don't regret it at all. At the time I didn't know I wanted something different because I had never had something different. Guys were all I knew and for the most part I was happy, so I went on with my life dating guys. I got along great with my boyfriends and guys in general. I always have. The problems always came with the sex part. I didn't enjoy having sex with my boyfriends or receiving oral from them. It was a constant fight. They would be upset with me and I'd be upset right back. Nobody was happy in the bedroom.

I liked girls and was definitely sexually attracted to them, but I was, and still am, a very logical person. I knew what bi-curiosity was and I knew that a lot of girls were only bicurious, so I figured that's what it was. I ignored it, didn't tell anyone, and continued on with my boyfriends.

I really started to question my orientation when I was in a long-term relationship with a truly wonderful guy. Seriously the best guy I know. He still is. Anyways, I fell head-over-heels for this girl I went to school with. By this time I'm in college, so I'm super confused as to why the "bicuriosity" hasn't gone away. I broke it off with him. Not for the girl mentioned above, as she had a girlfriend, but for women in general. One of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.

So I don't regret the relationships, but I do wish that I would have discovered myself sooner.

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just re-read the OP, would i change anything? No, i would not. i buried things deep for a reason, a very valid reason- survival.

would i change getting married and having a kid? no because then i wouldn't have this wonderful young man that i am raising as a single parent now. I came out to myself and some others this past spring and early summer and i'll come out to him in the coming weeks.

20. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I dated guys. It was when I thought I was bi.