1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brain Wiring Test?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tardis221B, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

I'm just curious to see if there is any validity to this test: Brain Wiring Test (and I'm sorry in advance for people in the grayer areas of gender, it only offers a male and female choice at the start of the test.)

It tests how masculine/ feminine your brain is, and it claims that women with scores in the male range are more likely to be lesbians and men with scores in the female range are more likely to be gay. . .

Now to me this just seems to be based in stereotypes, but I'm wondering if it does maybe show some trends.

I scored between 100-120, so I guess I sort of fit the stereotype. I'm curious to see what other people score, I don't think its going to show that much of a trend but hey I could be wrong.

Oops, haha, sorry I just realized I spelled brain wrong on the title, sorry . . . I'd edit it if I could

#1 Tardis221B, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Brian Wiring Test?

I got 150. Overlap score, leaning towards masculine.

3. Hexagon

My brain is androgynous in nature; I don't need a test to tell me that.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

your gender: female
    your score: 90

Most males will score between 0-180 and most females 150-300. Brains that are "wired" for mainly masculine thinking usually score below 150. The closer to 0 they are, the more masculine they are and the higher their testosterone level is likely to be.

dumb gendered bullshit fucker test, DURR I AM MAN I THINK WITH LOGIC AND RATIONAL STATISTICS. BWWUUUH I AM WOMAN, I THINK WITH.... GUT? AND TALKING, TO FRIENDS!!!

5. Tardis221B

Haha, my thoughts exactly; I was just shaking my head the whole way through. Yes because women are right brained and men are left brained, and there is no in between *sarcasm* :eusa_doh:. And what concerned me was that it looked like the test was made by someone conducting research. . . oh perpetuated stereotypes, gotta hate them, especially when researchers use them to try to suggest something . . .

6. newfish

your gender: male
    your score: 180
    So I'm pretty much a stereotype but not totally. Like people someone else said - I didn't need a test to tell me how feminine I am.

7. Jethro702

your score: 145

I was very close to the overlap, but still lean slightly in the "masculine" direction.

8. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

125. I'd say that's pretty accurate

9. BornAnew

Got 240! Woah! hahaha

I didn't think it would be this high...I was expecting more of an overlap score!

10. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Your gender: male
    Your score: 30

So yeah, not entirely true.

"The closer to 0 they are, the more masculine they are and the higher their testosterone level is likely to be. These people demonstrate strong logical, analytical and verbal skills and tend to be disciplined and well-organized."

Don't see the connection between testosterone and the character traits described.

11. Lipstick Leuger

your score: 200

Most males will score between 0-180 and most females 150-300. Brains that are "wired" for mainly masculine thinking usually score below 150. The closer to 0 they are, the more masculine they are and the higher their testosterone level is likely to be. These people demonstrate strong logical, analytical and verbal skills and tend to be disciplined and well-organized. The closer to 0 they score, the better they are at projecting costs and planning outcomes for statistical data, with their emotions hardly influencing them at all. Scores in the negative range are high masculine scores. The lower the score for a woman, the more likely she will be to have lesbian tendencies.

Brains that are wired for mainly feminine thinking will score higher than 180. The higher the number, the more feminine the brain will be and the more likely the person is to demonstate significant creative, artistic and musical talents. They will make more of their descisions on intuition and are good at recognising problems using minimal data. They are also good at solving problems using creativity and insight. The higher the score is above 180 for a man, the greater the chance he will be gay.

Scores between 150-180 show compatibility of thought for both sexes, or a foot in both sexual camps. These people do not show a bias for either male or female thinking and usually demonstrate a flexibility in thinking that can be of significant advantage to any group who are going through a problem-solving process. They have the predisposition to make friends with both men and women.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

your score: 100
    Most brain gender tests seem pretty stereotypical to me so I can't take them seriously :dry:

13. Candace

Your gender: female? :confused:
    Your score: 150..

14. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I scored 220 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Data

Data Guest

Male.

I concur. I can't multitask like me mom can. If I'm driving and someone calls me, I answer and say "I'm driving I'll call you back bye" and just hang up. If I am doing something like folding clothes and someone tries to tell me a story, I make them wait till I'm done because I can't listen to them and fold at the same time. My mom on the otherhand, she can be talking on the phone, cooking, making a shopping list, painting the walls, mopping the floor, and writing a master thesis all at the same time...

Yeah...

16. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Score: 180 ...

Seems pretty accurate to me

17. julianne

Score: 290

My score is ridiculously high!!! It says that the higher the number, the more likely the person will be to display significant creative, artistic and musical talents. I'm a music major who enjoys sketching, painting, and creative writing on the side, so that's very accurate!

I'm pretty displeased with the whole sexuality part of this test, though. Being a feminine woman doesn't affect my attraction to other women at all. I guess this test could determine if you were a very stereotypical gay person, but it doesn't work for anyone outside of those boxes!

18. sugarcubeigloo

your score: 190

*shrugs*

19. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people